• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread closed!

67 posts in this topic

Hello all :hi:

As some of you know, I have recently stumbled into a small stash of Golden Age EC books. I went ahead and spent myself coconutty :eek: So, I figure I need to raise a few dollars. I had these Brave and the Bold under-copies set aside, so I figure that is as good a place to start as any :shrug: Generally, you are looking at lower grade material here, but the prices will absolutely reflect that, and hopefully be low enough to entice some of you to open your paypal accounts into my grubby little hands :devil:

Rules :rulez:

1. All items will be shipped priority at cost. I believe the prices recently went up slightly...$6ish for an envelope and $11ish for a box :P

2. Payment is welcome in all forms :whee: However, you will receive a 10% discount if you pay by check or money order. I am hoping to sell a bit of stuff in the not distant future so the paypal limit on withdrawals will likely become an annoyance.

3. Probation Listers, HoSers, and those I have on ignore will not be welcome to purchase and should try to resolve their pending difficulties/issues :preach:

4. First :takeit: via time stamp wins (PM, Public, or calling me on the phone and shouting Take It!!! ) :ohnoez:

5. Have fun...mock the comics (trust me, some of the Brave and the Bold stuff is quite easy to mock...some of the Batman team up stuff was written like Elseworlds authored by someone on a week long bender...and don't even get me started on Strange Sports Stories :frustrated: ), insult the OP, write about the lameness of Daredevil in Old English...just enjoy my little piece of internet real estate!

6. Returns are accepted for any reason with the buyer covering shipping (unless I miss something egregious), but I do reserve the right to ask you to return the

entire order. :foryou:

Listings to start shortly...

:news: SOLD to Sulphur Server a man of fine taste in Four Color Crayola :foryou:

Brave and the Bold 32

:whee: Color Touch madness...OK, more coloring really...as you can see, someone went to town with their black Crayola marker on the Title. Nonetheless, buy this and read about the thrilling exploits of Mr. Carson (or is that Dr. Carson) and his Mighty Pink Kangalizard

uh...reader, I guess

Asking: $5

bb32.jpg

Brave and the Bold 33

So now we have Dr. Carson (or is that Mr. Carson Esq.?) fighting the might Cheetoh Robots of Fritolaytonia. Thankfully, his partner is racing to the rescue in a brand spanking new 55 Chevy tank car :sumo:

Let's see...staples are a bit rusty, pen notation on splash page and also pen mark of "Brand New Ten Cents" on back cover Maybe G/VG...but a damn nice looking G/VG

Asking: $12

bb33-1.jpg

Brave and the Bold 37

Do I even dare comment on the threat of the one-eyed pink monster??? I know, I know...I am not a well man :ohnoez:

Here we have a bottom spine split almost to the staple and a couple inches up top too...cover is still well attached, but I suspect it would not take much to change that :sorry: How about grading it a Good and pricing it well below that? :insane:

Asking: $7

bb37.jpg

Brave and the Bold 32

:whee: Color Touch madness...OK, more coloring really...as you can see, someone went to town with their black Crayola marker on the Title. Nonetheless, buy this and read about the thrilling exploits of Mr. Carson (or is that Dr. Carson) and his Mighty Pink Kangalizard

uh...reader, I guess

bb32.jpg

:takeit:

Wrong picture on the 33 Heath :gossip:

Never Mind :foryou:

Wrong picture on the 33 Heath :gossip:

Never Mind :foryou:

It was good for a laugh,I just thought it was some Snake Eyes humor lol

You guys are quick...NICE :foryou:

Thanks for stopping by...need to list that one for sale too though...think I have a few copies :juggle:

Brave and the Bold 32

uh...reader, I guess

bb32.jpg]

We have our first ^^

Let's see, tradition dictates a freebie to the first buyer...and who the hell wants to list the $1 modern ones anyway :ohnoez:

Yours if you want it Scott

bb168.jpg

Brave and the Bold 32

uh...reader, I guess

We have our first ^^

Let's see, tradition dictates a freebie to the first buyer...and who the hell wants to list the $1 modern ones anyway :ohnoez:

Yours if you want it Scott

bb168.jpg

:news: SOLD!!! And aren't you all jealous that Sulphur Server beat you to it??? :baiting:

Brave and the Bold 38

Can you believe I had four copies of this classic? It is time to share the Master of the Dinosaurs with my fellow boardies :whee: Also, further increasing demand on this stunning book is a Statue of Liberty cover (for the two of you with that collecting focus)

So the massive tide of drek subsides somewhat into what I will call a VG

Asking: $17

bb38a.jpg

Brave and the Bold 38

What else can be said about this fabulous comic??? hm PLENTY!!! Need I mention the suspenseful damsel in distress motif...the juxtaposition of guns and dinosaurs, speaking to the ultimate futility of modern technology, or something like that? Buy this book!!!

If I was grading this by itself, I would say VG. BUT I think the other looks a little better to me...less gloss on this one, bit raggedy up top, some printers creasing, and a small chip, so VG- I guess

Asking: $15

bb38a.jpg

With that, we will soon venture into a dozen or so 12 centers, but I have decided I deserve a break :) Back in 5 or 10 minutes (I know all of you are F5ing like mad, so give that burgeoning case of carpal tunnel a rest for a few :foryou:

Brave and the Bold 39

Looks like DC hired Georgia O'Keefe to do a dinosaur cover (look at me with the artsy fartsy reference...granted it is in the gutter, so not totally unexpected...but still :acclaim:

:preach: About an inch of split spine at the top and the usual wear and tear :) Maybe G/VG

Asking: $12

bb39.jpg

Brave and the Bold 38

Can you believe I had four copies of this classic? It is time to share the Master of the Dinosaurs with my fellow boardies :whee: Also, further increasing demand on this stunning book is a Statue of Liberty cover (for the two of you with that collecting focus)

So the massive tide of drek subsides somewhat into what I will call a VG

Asking: $17