• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread closed!

67 posts in this topic

Brave and the Bold 42

And look what "popular demand" led to :eyeroll: Somehow I doubt that all those kids jonesing for more Hawkman anticipated the classic threat of the Dragonfly Raiders (mothers protect your kids :eek: )

:P So much wrong with this book...let's just call it a day and say it is a reader

Asking: $5

bb42.jpg

Brave and the Bold 38

Can you believe I had four copies of this classic? It is time to share the Master of the Dinosaurs with my fellow boardies :whee: Also, further increasing demand on this stunning book is a Statue of Liberty cover (for the two of you with that collecting focus)

So the massive tide of drek subsides somewhat into what I will call a VG

Asking: $17

:takeit:

^^

Somehow I just sensed it...I have boardie telepathy you know...and trust me, you do not want Snake Eyes in your head :fear:

Brave and the Bold 43

Ah the originality of Early Silver Age DC...Hawkman needs another enemy you say? How about Stiltman...nah that would be too lame :doh: Maybe the Owl...you know a gangster with a bad hairdo or something...no, no that would just be silly. Wait, wait...how about Manhawk...he's like the opposite of Hawkman or something...a bird with human arms sprouting out of his back (actually that might have been kind of cool hm )

This is pretty solidly in the Goodish camp...little loosey goosey around the staples, little bit of water damage to the back and what I am guessing is a bit of a tape pull in the N of HAWKMAN

Asking: $12

bb43.jpg

Brave and the Bold 49

Yay Monkeys!!!! Monkeys playing for the Yankees!!! If only he was playing for the Pirates and had an eyepatch I would hoard the hell out of this book. You better believe though that I have a nice keeper copy of this book. No one could steal bases like Magilla Gorilla :luhv:

Let's see...price sticker says VG-...small water stain lower left cover.How about I call it a Good and then we know you will be pleased :foryou:

Asking: $5

bb49.jpg

Brave and the Bold 57

Metamorpho...perhaps the whiniest of DCs heroes outside of that smack using Speedy. Nonetheless, a minor little key here...ah, who am I kidding....wonder if he can shake and bake Meth with his chemical element power...remember kids this is your brain on Metamorpho [insert frying egg picture here...I really need to be less lazy] :eek:

1450 145 written in pencil on the back. Also, the back is a little dirty. Nonetheless, it is actually a pretty good looking book :) I think I will go VG/F on this one

Asking: $20

bb57.jpg

Brave and the Bold 59

I understand the concept of Time Commander...nothing wrong with the power of time manipulation and whatnot. What I do not get is why he chose purple and white as his colors or why his all powerful hourglass (seriously??? :doh: ) shoots rainbow time lasers :P

This book looks like hell...but hey, maybe you need to fill a hole in your Brave and the Bold run...nah, on second thought don't do it...this thing sucks on ice

Asking: $1 (seriously you will regret it :preach: )

bb59.jpg

What is the shape of doom you ask? It is whatever formation Nick Saban sends against your weak girly man school :baiting:

Seriously though...

Brave and the Bold 76

Some shmutz on the back...let's call this a Reader and not worry so much about grade.

Asking $3

bb76.jpg

Apparently DC was jealous of the Circus of Crime...or God forbid the Bulletman books from the Golden Age :ohnoez:

Brave and the Bold 77

I think we have perhaps gotten to a price level where grade is less relevant...more Readers!!!

Asking: $3

bb77a.jpg

Another copy of the Human Bullet that is the Thunder from Down Under :whee:

Brave and the Bold 77

I guess if I called the previous one a reader...this would be readier...not as readiest as the BB59 was, but still not a great looking book.

Asking: $2

bb77b.jpg