• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Final 20 Pt. 4

1 post in this topic

Shipped/Safe

I do not know when I will be shipping any more books back to CGC. Work is slow. My budget is getting tighter from alternate purchases. I have to sideshow collectibles statues that I need to pay off before they ship. I also started to collect original artwork. Although, this started a few years ago it just become my largest dollar amount purchase.

My collection seems to revolve around the New Mutants and CGC graded books, and I also must admit shot glasses. I would like to put together an entire copy of New Mutants 15 but that will not happen now since someone bought the cover before me. I was trying to keep secret about this hoping if I kept quiet about it no one else would buy it. I just did not think anyone else would save more than me. Of course I could use that savings towards a new car I have been thinking of, a purchase still a year away.

This brings me to the books I sent to CGC. All of them were my own, one or two, I might try to sell, but the others, the ones that were graded so low that it was told to me to just leave them in Mylar and read them whenever I wanted. I thought about this for a long time before I ever sent in my first one. If I were collecting for the points I would do this. I would save my money and send in what I thought were guaranteed 9.8s. I would even pay the extra money to have them pressed (I have to get back to that topic).

The truth is I wanted to get my original set sent in so I can discuss them and show them off. My New Mutants 15 might not be anything to look at but it is something to talk about, not to mention being signed by Chris Claremont. Did I mention the lovely point value of a 4.5. As I checked today I saw that my books are now in the shipped/safe category and I cannot wait till I egt them back. So even though they were my final twenty I have to get some of my books ready for my First 25.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

10529.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb