• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

up to $96.00...now wait a minute, what's so special about these particular ones with 2 hours left.

and there's a 1-3 sitting there for $55.00 BIN. Do people just flat not know how to search?

Yeah, these prices are wack. lol I never understand stuff like this either. It makes no sense, but from the completed searches I've checked in the past week, looks to me like generally the 7-day auctions score higher prices than the BINs for the exact same things. I think I left quite a bit on the table selling my dupes as BINs.... ah well!

Some of these eBay buyers crack me up. I sold a comics pro and a regular for $245 listed as nm or better. He emails me and says, great packaging, but there is a spine crease, how can we rectify this?

Really? Show me a nm without a spine crease. I told him I would fully refund him, including shipping, if he's not happy. I'm quite sure he's looking for a partial refund, that he won't get. Any guesses if he will send it back? My money is on no...

Some of these eBay buyers crack me up. I sold a comics pro and a regular for $245 listed as nm or better. He emails me and says, great packaging, but there is a spine crease, how can we rectify this?

Really? Show me a nm without a spine crease. I told him I would fully refund him, including shipping, if he's not happy. I'm quite sure he's looking for a partial refund, that he won't get. Any guesses if he will send it back? My money is on no...

I bet he won't return them. I think he was just fishing for a Partial Refund.

Or if he does he might try to return lower grade copies in place of the copies you sent him or he'll try to send you 2nd Print #1s.

I recently sold 2 1st Print Thief of Thieves #1s on Amazon and the buyer claimed they weren't in NM+ condition like I listed them as, so I told him he could return them for a refund. Well I get the package in the mail today and he sent me 2 2nd Print #1s instead of the 2 1st Print #1s I sent him. I guess he thought I wouldn't know the difference between the 1st and 2nd printings. Needless to say his 2nd Prints are now on there way back to him and I won't accept another return from him now after what he just tried to pull on me.

Or if he does he might try to return lower grade copies in place of the copies you sent him or he'll try to send you 2nd Print #1s.

I recently sold 2 1st Print Thief of Thieves #1s on Amazon and the buyer claimed they weren't in NM+ condition like I listed them as, so I told him he could return them for a refund. Well I get the package in the mail today and he sent me 2 2nd Print #1s instead of the 2 1st Print #1s I sent him. I guess he thought I wouldn't know the difference between the 1st and 2nd printings. Needless to say his 2nd Prints are now on there way back to him and I won't accept another return from him now after what he just tried to pull on me.

Did you message him asking him what the hell was up with him trying to scam you?

Also yeah I do agree with how a lot of buyers feel that a near mint comic should actually be GEM MINT. I direct them to a website in regards to more detailed grading when they try to pull that on me.

Did you message him asking him what the hell was up with him trying to scam you?

Also yeah I do agree with how a lot of buyers feel that a near mint comic should actually be GEM MINT. I direct them to a website in regards to more detailed grading when they try to pull that on me.

I did message him as soon as I opened the package and I haven't heard back from him yet.

That's why I just list the flaws and not a grade and use huge scans.and I meant multiple creased and nm+..I had one nm+ with a smashed corner and creased on the front and back.

Trying to make 10 sets with all printings but those 1 2nd are hard to find in the wild.

hard to tell, a 1-3 sold for $96.00 yesterday. #1 prices have steadily creeped upwards since the announcement. They've at least been averaging $40 a piece recently. If they hold at at that price until the show is released that's fine by me.

ToT

hard to tell, a 1-3 sold for $96.00 yesterday. #1 prices have steadily creeped upwards since the announcement. They've at least been averaging $40 a piece recently. If they hold at at that price until the show is released that's fine by me.

ToT

Wow. :ohnoez: I've still got some extras socked away, but it's tempting to sell at these prices. I keep thinking that at some point the supply of these on the market is going to overtake the demand, but it hasn't happened yet!

There's at least 50 different auctions on there now with a regular #1 first print.

Is that a lot, or am I crazy?

you're crazy

considering there's supposedly 17,000 copies out there somewhere, i don't think 50 is really all that much. There's 266 total Thief of Thieves auctions, there's almost 4,000 walking dead.