• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

Have you checked the census? I suspect not many ICE variants were graded and those with raw copies increased the price quickly so any profit from slabbing was not worth the effort. The 1st print on the other hand has quite a bit of wiggle room.

There's a lot of Comicspro variants and regular CGC 9.8s but virtually no graded ICE variants? Anyone got a good explanation for that? I wonder if people opted to hurry up and capitalize on the prices the regulat cover wa pulling down ($350 at one point) and keep the ICE variants as the midrange investment copy or what? Any ideas?

For personal reasons I want to say that the ICE variant, especially the CGCSS 9.8, will explode in value in the future!

:wishluck:

Next Wednesday:

THIEF OF THIEVES #1 4TH PTG

THIEF OF THIEVES #2 4TH PTG

THIEF OF THIEVES #3 4TH PTG

THIEF OF THIEVES #4 3RD PTG

Wow!

That's crazy! I didn't know #4 had had a second printing, let alone a third. Must have gone by really fast.

There's always a lot of grumbling on the boards that this title is fueled solely by speculation, but IMO it's hard to square that with these continual reprints. I can't imagine speculators are causing third printings to sell out...?

Just read #5 and enjoyed it. I'll post some thoughts on it tomorrow.

I just read # 4 and still blah on it.

How much should I be able to sell my 1 through 4 first print issues for? Regular edition / cover and I won't claim NM+ status. Just ballpark.

How much should I be able to sell my 1 through 4 first print issues for? Regular edition / cover and I won't claim NM+ status. Just ballpark.

Probably around $75-80 for the set. Try the boards first, then the bay...

I've seen sets of #1-4 pulling $100, but that might be on the high side. Certainly $80-100 is a fair range to shoot for. I keep toying with the idea of picking up later printings of them and selling off my first prints.

(thumbs u

I've seen sets of #1-4 pulling $100, but that might be on the high side. Certainly $80-100 is a fair range to shoot for. I keep toying with the idea of picking up later printings of them and selling off my first prints.

Took a quick look at completed auctions, and it looks like most #1-4 sets are selling for $80 (so, $70 after fees...), with a few random sets selling for $100+. Since Scrooge's copies are "just NM" (though in reality I doubt they're any worse than the random ebay "NM+" copies shot with a digital camera while jumping out of a plane, or something), I figured the lower side of the range is about right.

I can never figure out those $100+ ones... it's like people just see one random auction and bid or hit the BIN without searching the rest. (But naturally, those bidders are nowhere in sight when I list copies...)

My favorite listing in all of ebay is a ToT listing that says "Thief of Thieves No. 1 CGC 9.8" or something really close but it's not a CGC book ... he just thinks that if a buyer paid to slab the book it would get a 9.8. lol people are nuts!

Well, you can see my copies in the For Sale Forum. Priced a little high but I figured people on the boards aren't shy sending PM with lowball offers. I am not even getting those lol