• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

I've gone through at least 150 copies since it came out and only a handful didn't have either back spine issues or a crease about halfway down the front cover....maybe I was looking at the worst of the run. #2 going for around $15 now....glad I have a few more of those coming in.

And to think I sold a lot of 10 regular 1s for 50.00 two weeks ago.

even less than NM are smoking hot for the regular #1

ToT

:facepalm:

And I just sold issues 1,2 and 3 all for $30. Oh well, that was still a cover price purchase for me. No reason to be greedy right?

It is completely crazy. I sold some extras just four days ago and it already looks like I left quite a bit on the table. Sets of 1-3 that were $25-30 are now going for $40-45.

I would think that at this point there would be an absolute flood of copies on ebay driving the price back down, but when I do searches it still looks like it's mostly the same couple of dealers listing their multiples.

Just won a copy of issue #1 NM first print on eBay. Sniped it at the last second and I'm getting it for $32.27 with shipping. I wish I would have bought it when it came out in February, though. I was going to get it then but forgot to add it to my pull list so I forgot it while at my LCS on that Wednesday. Now I just gotta catch up with #'s 2 and 3.

If you end up around the W-S area before you manage to grab 2-3 I'll throw a copy of each your way. Just PM me :thumbsup:

I don't usually head up in that direction, but if you want to let me know about the condition and the price, then I may be able to make a trip. Do you run a comic shop in W-S? If so, what is it called? The only one I've ever known of up there is Ssalefish.

I don't usually head up in that direction, but if you want to let me know about the condition and the price, then I may be able to make a trip. Do you run a comic shop in W-S? If so, what is it called? The only one I've ever known of up there is Ssalefish.

No, but I frequent it, and last time I was there I picked up a handful of copies of each issue right before the boom. Since all my funds from selling are currently under hold by Paypal anyway (Grrrrr!), I can spare the additional hassle and stress and just give you one if the opportunity permits ;)

I've gone through at least 150 copies since it came out and only a handful didn't have either back spine issues or a crease about halfway down the front cover....maybe I was looking at the worst of the run. #2 going for around $15 now....glad I have a few more of those coming in.

And to think I sold a lot of 10 regular 1s for 50.00 two weeks ago.

even less than NM are smoking hot for the regular #1

ToT

the lcs i bought my 3 copies from had no problems with the spine or back cover.

Hmm-- Not sure what the scale is for Image, but from my days at DC, 17K is pretty rare. Wonder how many WD #1's are floating around...

7 thousand and change Walking Dead #1's.

Well then. I know the price is being dictated by the TV show, but 7K for a first print run + tons of fans and the prospects of movies, etc...

Maybe TWD stays around a little longer than some of us are thinking.

(shrug)

I succumbed to the madness. $32 for #1 ToT.

Had my chance at the comic store back when it first came out, but I left them on the shelves. My penny pinching mentality back then got squashed today.

And I'm even a Walking Deadaholic. How could I doubt the Kirkman?! :facepalm:

Question for you guys. Is issue #3 selling out in stores? I'm wondering if I should pick up a few more as it doesn't seem to be hard to find here.

I think it would be a good idea because it is the first appearance of Redmonds son. It still seems to be in stock everywhere and there is no harm in picking a few up for cover price.