• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

thats really, really funny. he won some WD's from me not too long ago. then he never paid so i opened up a case got my money back. then i searched his name and found he posted on the comicspriceguide forums. i created a name and posted under one of his created threads about back issues he was collecting. i said "great collection, by the way, if your not going to pay for the auctions you win, contact me so i can cancel them. i did not want to open a case against you but you left me no choice...". needless to say he closed that thread and all other posts he created. piece os mess if you ask me

This is why I stated earlier that I get leary when people go on vacation while the sale ends even though people were disagreeing with me. Yes, not everyone is shady or should be waved as a red flag because they post an item then go on vacation, but for me personally I prefer not to deal with them.

I get leary for this exact reason, buyer goes on vacation and even openly mentions it in his listing, great, but guess what, that's x amount of days after the auction ends that I now lost when it comes to the 30 day protection window. Because I assume he's on vacation for the next 25 days, now there's a 5 day window which could very easily just be his "handling time" which I have to account for, now his mess gets stolen and I no longer am protected cause the 30 days has passed.

When did the protection reduce from 45 to 30. You being Leary sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy. How many times have you been ripped off?

This is why I stated earlier that I get leary when people go on vacation while the sale ends even though people were disagreeing with me. Yes, not everyone is shady or should be waved as a red flag because they post an item then go on vacation, but for me personally I prefer not to deal with them.

I get leary for this exact reason, buyer goes on vacation and even openly mentions it in his listing, great, but guess what, that's x amount of days after the auction ends that I now lost when it comes to the 30 day protection window. Because I assume he's on vacation for the next 25 days, now there's a 5 day window which could very easily just be his "handling time" which I have to account for, now his mess gets stolen and I no longer am protected cause the 30 days has passed.

When did the protection reduce from 45 to 30. You being Leary sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy. How many times have you been ripped off?

I had always thought the protection was 30 days, guess I'm wrong. Either way, same idea applies.

I've never been ripped off actually (aside from minor things like people not combining shipping when they said they would, etc.), but I'm p*ssed that 2 "real life" friends and other boardies here were ripped off from this guy, so I'm annoyed as well.

I did have an issue where someone didn't ship an item to me for almost 3 weeks after the auction ended and he wasn't communicating to me at all, he finally wrote me back saying he went on vacation. I guess I have a bad taste in my mouth from that incident even though I got my items, it would have been nice to know that beforehand.

New mass message from the eBay seller of the month:

Sorry, I had a huge amount of stuff stolen, well over 300 comics & I'm getting back to people as soon as I can. I've never had a problem with stuff being stolen so I didnt see any problems with spending the money. I'm going to start doing refunds this w/e after I get paid. I'm going to try & start w/buyers with small orders first. I think ebay & paypal will refund buyers who opened INR cases first. I'm also looking thru my personal comics to see if I have more of what was stolen. As well I can substitute other comics for what was stolen. I have multiples of alot of newer stuff & alot of older stuff. If you have a book thats on your "want" list let me know. I appreciate your patience & those who havent threatened me with violence. I filed a police report yesterday & the state trooper is coming by today to get the exact books stolen & giving me a copy of the police report. I gave her a ball park figure yesterday & stayed up late last night inventoring what was stolen.

Lets start a poll. hm What comic should I ask for on my 'want list'? I'll start with a WD cgc 9.9 #1.

Fair enough because the vacation option is a nice option. I can appreciate someone using it and think it could be a nice tool. No reason to see it as a red flag. If the seller that left you with a bad taste had used the option then maybe it would have been less stressful.

I just told him to save his drama from his mama cuz i could gives two flying f.cuk about his stupidity ... seriously, who leaves all packages inside a unattended car overnight? LMAO .. for those feeling sorry for him, you are just as dumb as he is when he thought of that excuse.

:roflmao:

Oh, wow. I nearly bought a copy from him a few days ago. Glad I avoided all of that hassle.

Welcome to the boards, guys. (thumbs u

Turn on, tune in, drop out... :cool:

:signfunny:

Pretty sick, walk in empty-handed and walk out asap with a Dali painting! Were there no type of security features at this place??? They had a Dali just hanging on a nail???

:signfunny:

Pretty sick, walk in empty-handed and walk out asap with a Dali painting! Were there no type of security features at this place??? They had a Dali just hanging on a nail???

I was thinking the same thing. How the heck does that happen?....pretty dumb of the management.

Other than the guy getting his picture taken it was a clean getaway. He shaves his head and it'll be hard to recognize this guy.

"Kirkman: Yeah. I mean, one of the things that most excites me about comics is when I get a sense that I'm going to be able to do a series for a really, really long time. That's what really excites me — getting to issue #50 or getting to issue #75. That means I get to tell a really cool story and get to evolve the characters a great deal. That's what I got into comics to do.

And seeing Thief of Thieves do so well this early on has really excited me about the possibilities of having an issue #100 someday. And getting to really tell the characters' story for a really long time. So I couldn't be more excited about that book."

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/robert-kirkman-thief-of-thieves-invincible.html

To the people that have been reading this: Is there enough scope in Thief of Thieves for 100 issues to be realistically acheivable?

i'd rather talk about what might happen in the next 5 issues than 100 issues. i don't see 100 issues happening, and won't, until this book at least gets into the 30's-40's and is still good and popular.