• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

For those interested in the potential of a TV show. Kirkman had this to say in the letter pages of issue #9

"I've been actively working with Chic Eglee on the potential TV show for AMC and I can promise you it's going to rock in that format and that can be enjoyed simultaneously with the comic. We're still a few yards from home plate, but if it all works out, I promise it will be a cool show."

Robert Kirkman

For those interested in the potential of a TV show. Kirkman had this to say in the letter pages of issue #9

"I've been actively working with Chic Eglee on the potential TV show for AMC and I can promise you it's going to rock in that format and that can be enjoyed simultaneously with the comic. We're still a few yards from home plate, but if it all works out, I promise it will be a cool show."

Robert Kirkman

(thumbs u

Robert Kirkman

(thumbs u

:whee:

His sports analogies are horrific at best! lol

"a few yards from home plate" -- ?

You know you're a nerd when you mix your football and baseball metaphors.

Robert Kirkman

:applause: (thumbs u :applause:

Guess I'm a fan of ToT...

RCA_0013.jpg

Not really into comic-related t-shirts, but saw this in my LCS and couldn't pass it up...

I'd be more worried with the "if it all works out" bit.

I still have that awful feeling this is going to be another of those 'almost' shows that get swamped in the wash of something better.

Revival springs to mind along with Bedlam if its as good as the critics say.

Not to mention 'Powers' which is still chugging along with a new finished pilot -script ready to go.

With ToT, I would have hoped it had at least moved on to a draft -script by now. (shrug)

Since we are on the topic of the TV show. I know a few people have compared it to Breaking Bad and Ocean's Eleven. Am I the only one who sees a bit of the Wire mixed in here?

Maybe it's the FBI agent or the boozing and womanizing of Conrad, can't really put my finger on it. Either way, if it's stirring comparisons to those great shows, it has a real chance to do well...if it's done right that is.

Question on the title (which I don't read):

Why is it called Thief of Thieves? I'm assuming it's not because the book if about a thief that kidnaps other thieves (shame, as that would be hilarious). Is it because the protagonist is supposed to be the greatest thief of all the thieves? Something about the phrase irks me, and I was wondering...

Why is it called Thief of Thieves? I'm assuming it's not because the book if about a thief that kidnaps other thieves (shame, as that would be hilarious). Is it because the protagonist is supposed to be the greatest thief of all the thieves? Something about the phrase irks me, and I was wondering...

I guess so. Just like the phrase king of kings (shrug) I think it's a good title.

Hmmmm.

I know we have to suspend disbelief when reading comics, but I really hate all that "greatest assassin in the world", "greatest thief ever", "world's greatest detective" stuff. Seems unnecessarily bombastic - it's so subjective. Do they have a world cup of thieves every four years?

Yours,

Buzz Killington III

(Pedant of Pedants)

Hmmmm.

I know we have to suspend disbelief when reading comics, but I really hate all that "greatest assassin in the world", "greatest thief ever", "world's greatest detective" stuff. Seems unnecessarily bombastic - it's so subjective. Do they have a world cup of thieves every four years?

Yours,

Buzz Killington III

(Pedant of Pedants)

I'd think it would be a pretty easy title to award. The thief who stole an item with the highest value or stole the highest amount of cash.

Hmmmm.

Yours,

Buzz Killington III

(Pedant of Pedants)

I'd think it would be a pretty easy title to award. The thief who stole an item with the highest value or stole the highest amount of cash.

Really? What if the highest value item was far less well protected than one of lower value?

:preach:

The original concept of the series was as follows (from wiki) :

"The comic centers on Conrad Paulson, a highly-successful thief who quits the business and begins a new life stealing from other thieves."

The title is on issue #9 and has been a really fun read, though ironically we still haven't reached a storyline that syncs up with this concept.