• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

It's one of the two books I read a month and I think it's excellent. Love Redmond AND Augustus, they are both characters I can get behind, especially with the back story this past issue of what drives Augustus. I have the love of my father, and always have, but I can imagine what it can be like to not have it and how desperate one could get to acquire it.

(Probably the deepest thing I've ever written here on the boards :acclaim: )

Jim

I feel for Redmond. He just wants to give it all up. Wishes he could of done right by his wife and son. Struggling to see his son following in his footsteps but failing miserably when he never wanted that life for him in the first place.

This is one of the titles I look forward to the most each month.

Has there been any movement on the "Thief of Thieves" TV show?

"It's coming along. We've got a pilot -script now, which we didn't have before. They were working on that over the summer. It's in with AMC and we're waiting to hear back if we're going to shoot it. The process is moving along at a pace that is traditional and we're very optimistic that things will continue to go along as well as they have been."

Awesome to hear they have a pilot -script now. Not sure if this is news but I had not heard it before. Lets hope AMC bites.....which Im sure they will with the success of WD

Lets hope AMC bites.....which Im sure they will with the success of WD

That would be great, since I bought a few too many of these when the hype started to pick up, and ended up not liking it by the third issue.

(More so because of the sucky art, less so because of the cliche' story-line. It's a comic, so I expect the usual plot devices. Plus I got burned by some a-hole on ebay on a lot of #1s, and that was the straw with that title.)

I have not read it since, but maybe I should check out some more recent issues since I know that the original artist and writer have been eliminated.

Lets hope AMC bites.....which Im sure they will with the success of WD

That would be great, since I bought a few too many of these when the hype started to pick up, and ended up not liking it by the third issue.

(More so because of the sucky art, less so because of the cliche' story-line. It's a comic, so I expect the usual plot devices. Plus I got burned by some a-hole on ebay on a lot of #1s, and that was the straw with that title.)

I have not read it since, but maybe I should check out some more recent issues since I know that the original artist and writer have been eliminated.

Was that the jack hole who kept delaying and said he was out of the country and his sister was handling it and then said they got stolen out of the back of his car on the way to the post office?

Was that the jack hole who kept delaying and said he was out of the country and his sister was handling it and then said they got stolen out of the back of his car on the way to the post office?

Hey, I know that guy, too. (tsk)

Hope everyone got his/her money back.

Guy got me too. Was burned about 100 bucks. Waited a month to get it back. You know I didn't even leave negative feedback, I have yet too with anyone as I feel everything can be worked out. Karma ya know.

Guy got me too. Was burned about 100 bucks. Waited a month to get it back. You know I didn't even leave negative feedback, I have yet too with anyone as I feel everything can be worked out. Karma ya know.

Yeah I got my money back from PayPal for about ten of those books. He must have "sold" over two hundred of them. I negged him as did many others.

Thief of all thieves.

Me too - $300 bucks.

Paypal came through.

The D-bag was still buying new comics throughout the whole thing.

Never touched ToT since.

Big mistake apparently.

What's the going rate for a #1 CGC 9.8 these days?

I think it's around $160. I have a 9.8 CGC #1 ToT Comicspro up for sale on the bay. I just want someone to make me an offer, so far 1, but it was so small.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110991536361?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I tried posting on the sales thread, but no one responds. Are people scared of the price? Last one sold on 12/5 for $340...I'm willing to go less and free shipping with insurance.

I think it's around $160. I have a 9.8 CGC #1 ToT Comicspro up for sale on the bay. I just want someone to make me an offer, so far 1, but it was so small.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110991536361?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I tried posting on the sales thread, but no one responds. Are people scared of the price? Last one sold on 12/5 for $340...I'm willing to go less and free shipping with insurance.

Well I've been looking for one and I don't want to give more than $200 shipped to the U.K. and have had no luck so far. I'm not sure if I should just wait or take the plunge on a higher priced one.

Well I've been looking for one and I don't want to give more than $200 shipped to the U.K. and have had no luck so far. I'm not sure if I should just wait or take the plunge on a higher priced one.

When I sell on the bay, I do not ship internationally. The reason being is because I can't track the package and anyone on ebay can say they never got it when they really did and ebay will back them up. And take the money out of my account and then I'm screwed. I only ship to the USA because I can track it.

The reason being is because I can't track the package and anyone on ebay can say they never got it when they really did and ebay will back them up. And take the money out of my account and then I'm screwed. I only ship to the USA because I can track it.

Ship the package insured :gossip: