• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The new "Amazing Spider-Man" Trailer

146 posts in this topic

I can't get past how ugly Gwen is.

She looks just fine. Very few actresses can match John Romita's idealized portrayal of women, anyway.

This was pretty close though....and much better than the current version.

bryce_dallas_howard_18308.jpg

This is the most recent comic book version but perhaps that's just my avatar talking...

121606.jpg.cf4163c599daf22564071ea7de98e209.jpg

The film looks passable and slickly produced, if somewhat formulaic. Leary is not the fatherly four-color version of Captain Stacy - he usually just plays himself anyway. As for Spidey and Gwen, it all looks a bit emo (so no change there). Not even remotely as skilled a reinterpretation of a franchise as Nolan's Batman (which should comfortably trump all other comic movies this year), but then there doesn't seem to be much ambition here.

How ambitious would you like them to be?

As ambitious as the transcendent lyrics of this song.

No politics allowed.

She looks just fine. Very few actresses can match John Romita's idealized portrayal of women, anyway.

Eeeeh...while Ms. Howard is attractive, I think Emma Stone will do a better job. And she's very quickly rising as one of Hollywood's major A-listers and with many unknowns in this film, I think she was the safe choice...

+ she's still a major hottie...end of line.

Eeeeh...while Ms. Howard is attractive, I think Emma Stone will do a better job. And she's very quickly rising as one of Hollywood's major A-listers and with many unknowns in this film, I think she was the safe choice...

yuck, I think Emma Stone is a dog. Her eyes just look....weird.

yuck, I think Emma Stone is a dog. Her eyes just look....weird.

I agree that Howard is better looking than Stone. Stone isn't smoking hot by any means, but I wouldn't kick her out of bed.

That trailer looks pretty good. I do hope that Spidey doesn't take his mask off for every fight.

It does look a tad serious. Some of the storylines seem to borrow from some Ultimate Spidey books.

Looking forward to this. Couple of red flags....I'll see how they play out in the movie.

:o

Don't be so surprised, there's a lot of things to like in the trailer. One thing that makes my spider sense tingle is involving his parents in the storyline.

Looking forward to this. Couple of red flags....I'll see how they play out in the movie.

:o

Don't be so surprised, there's a lot of things to like in the trailer. One thing that makes my spider sense tingle is involving his parents in the storyline.

You are so much more mellow than in days past. (worship)

I think she fits the look of Gwen way better than Dunst as Mary Jane. I like Kirsten Dunst but she was 100% miscast as Mary Jane.

yes, yes, a thousand times yes!