• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The new "Amazing Spider-Man" Trailer

146 posts in this topic

I can't get past how ugly Gwen is.

She looks just fine. Very few actresses can match John Romita's idealized portrayal of women, anyway.

I think she fits the look of Gwen way better than Dunst as Mary Jane. I like Kirsten Dunst but she was 100% miscast as Mary Jane.

I can't get past how ugly Gwen is.

She looks just fine. Very few actresses can match John Romita's idealized portrayal of women, anyway.

I think she fits the look of Gwen way better than Dunst as Mary Jane. I like Kirsten Dunst but she was 100% miscast as Mary Jane.

Dale didn't have his correct glasses on.

The film looks passable and slickly produced, if somewhat formulaic. Leary is not the fatherly four-color version of Captain Stacy - he usually just plays himself anyway. As for Spidey and Gwen, it all looks a bit emo (so no change there). Not even remotely as skilled a reinterpretation of a franchise as Nolan's Batman (which should comfortably trump all other comic movies this year), but then there doesn't seem to be much ambition here.

How ambitious would you like them to be?

I'm not sold on Andrew Garfield. He doesn't look like Peter at all. The Spidey jokes weren't that funny either. I suppose my family will want to go see it though. *sigh*

He may not look like pete as much, but I "thought" he would be a better fit than Tobey. I hope the film is at least halfway decent

Emma Stone is hot....anyone who disagrees needs to have their vision checked ASAP.

As for the trailer, it looks a lot better than the teaser one they released a few months ago. I certainly think this movie (and hopefully a series with Andrew Garfield) has promise and from what I can tell, he's a lot tougher than Tobey Maguire and fits the mold of Spidey better.

Web shooters are pretty cool....and like some others, I'm not sold on the Lizard, although I do love him as the villan. Maybe if he wasn't so CGI'ed it would be more realistic....I dunno :shrug:

The film looks passable and slickly produced, if somewhat formulaic. Leary is not the fatherly four-color version of Captain Stacy - he usually just plays himself anyway. As for Spidey and Gwen, it all looks a bit emo (so no change there). Not even remotely as skilled a reinterpretation of a franchise as Nolan's Batman (which should comfortably trump all other comic movies this year), but then there doesn't seem to be much ambition here.

How ambitious would you like them to be?

As ambitious as the transcendent lyrics of this song.

I think the mask coming off as a recurring theme is Spider-man movies is a necessary Hollywood plot device to give the actor a chance to act with something other than his voice/body.

I did like the 'mask on' elevator scene from one of the Raimi movies but I imagine writing and shooting a scene like that is challenging.