• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suggested top 5 Post 1980 books for grading??

36 posts in this topic

NYX 3's 9.8 value increased about 25% in two months. People are going batshlt over these moderns. I've got a 9.2-9.4-9.6 NM98 that I want to slab for the sole purpose of selling it. I'm just not a fan of that book.

:whistle:

I'm a fan. :baiting:

The insanity around New Mutants 98 make that slab-worthy. X-Force #4 might be one, but it's kinda like Miracleman 15 - people want to read it, not have it slabbed.

The Walking Dead #1, of course. Hmmm. Can't think of other ones. Lady Death Lingerie #1?

Thought about NM #98, will probably do that one. Why X-Force #4?? (shrug)

X-Force 4 purportedly has a low print run, and the books' success is driving the price up (I love the book, but I am also missing a #4). If you can get a 9.8 slabbed for cheap, you may see the price double in the next six months.

# 4 of the first X-Force series?

Uncanny X-Force. I don't think you could get rid of a slabbed 1990s X-Force #4 even if the world had a plastic shortage.

(thumbs u I just knew it couldn't be the 1990s # 4. lol

NYX 3's 9.8 value increased about 25% in two months. People are going batshlt over these moderns. I've got a 9.2-9.4-9.6 NM98 that I want to slab for the sole purpose of selling it. I'm just not a fan of that book.

Then I have a book for you! (thumbs u

Isn't the OP asking about books from 1980-1989? Crow books, early Turtles, 9.8 Stevens covers are all safe bets. You can make some bread with a bunch of different 9.8 indies as well, but it is always a crapshoot.

Isn't the OP asking about books from 1980-1989? Crow books, early Turtles, 9.8 Stevens covers are all safe bets. You can make some bread with a bunch of different 9.8 indies as well, but it is always a crapshoot.

Any reason why 80-89?

Then I have a book for you! (thumbs u

:headbang:

Any reason why 80-89?

Don't ask me. I just actually read the original post, instead of verbally vomiting the last 20 modern books I read.

Any reason why 80-89?

Don't ask me. I just actually read the original post, instead of verbally vomiting the last 20 modern books I read.

Yeah... I must admit to curiosity concerning all the post-2000 books. I'm guessing the OP has a decent cross-section of 80s books :wishluck:(shrug)

Watchmen #1 in 9.8

Cash in while the gettin' is good. Those books shot up when the movie came out, and died down afterward. With the prequels coming out, now is the opportunity to get rid of $5-10 (max) raw dupes that will bring you $50+ for a slabbed copy.

80-89? Well, because no one's mentioned it, Albedo 2.

Good choice as well as the first Groo.

Destroyer-Duck-1.jpg

that better be in 9.8 or you are throwing your $ away.

:gossip:

95 percent of all Post 1980 comic books better be in 9.8 or you are throwing your $ away for investment/spectulator purposes. ;)