• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legend of Luther Strode

92 posts in this topic

The next series is planned for 2012. I am not certain whether it will be another limited series or an ongoing title. It was first mentioned by one of the creators in response to a fan's blog post online. When I learn more, I will share the info.

Does anyone know if tge Legend of Luther Strode is an ongoing series or another mini series? Also, does anyone think this title is under appreciated by collectors? It looks like the first issue sells for about $15.00 on eBay and that CGC 9.8 are going for around $60.00. The print run on the first issue is pretty small. If my memory is correct it's around 8k.

The current arc is a 6 issue mini series. I've seen Justin Jordan say before he has plans for 2 more mini's.

Legend of Luther Strode & Legacy of Luther Strode. both which I think will follow the same mini-series format. But who knows with creator owned stuff they can change their mind :P

Did you guys find it difficult to find a #1 in grade? My copy from DCBS was pretty beat when it showed up. I meant to replace it on ebay right away, but I kind of forgot. Not really interested in $60 tho... might not even be interested in $15. hmmm...

I do like the multiple mini-series idea tho...

Yeah this series has been a lot of fun for me. I'm really curious to see how it wraps up in the final issue because a lot of whats going on is still kind of mystery.

I'm wondering if some of these other mini's will focus on different "Luther Strodes" from different time periods perhaps. Either way i'm just glad to get some more stories.

My copy of #1 ended up being really good. I'd say it is an easy 9.6/9.8 but my shop didn't really get many copies in so I lucked out.

The New England Comic Retailers Alliance (I don't know who that is?) is offering a really sharpe exclusive cover of issue #6 on ebay and perhaps elsewhere. I know there a lot of fans on this board and wanted to let everyone know. This is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luther-Strode-6-Sexy-Bones-Entrails-first-print-limited-edition-sketch-cover-/110831183553?_trksid=p3286.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6563726503083358595

The cost is $20.00 and I think everyone who reads this book will be interested in this special cover. It's a beauty!

Hell yeah! Thanks Nico, i love this series. Hopefully I get them in time to get some sketches done on them at Calgary Expo.

Tradd Moore is a super cool guy. I've had a couple conversations with him & I think he's tge most underrated artist in comics. I think this serious is the most underrated series in comics today. Hell I've bought 10 copies of issue 1 & the first 5 sold as NM/mint have all had spine creases. I think we're going to see big things for Jordan & Moore. I'd love to see a movie with John Heater as Luther Strode.

It has been next to impossible to find a CGC 9.8 Luther Strode #1. I've been trying for about 8 weeks ... I've picked up over 10 raw copies are are flawed ... there is one board member with 2 9.6s ... anyone else have this problem. I'm really looking forward to issue number 6. Also hyped about the variant cover of issue 6. Does anyone know who is producing that book, if there is a scheduled signing event, etc.? Thanks!

It has been next to impossible to find a CGC 9.8 Luther Strode #1. I've been trying for about 8 weeks ... I've picked up over 10 raw copies are are flawed ... there is one board member with 2 9.6s ... anyone else have this problem. I'm really looking forward to issue number 6. Also hyped about the variant cover of issue 6. Does anyone know who is producing that book, if there is a scheduled signing event, etc.? Thanks!

From what I can tell, #1 had a rough print run. Plenty of 9.6 copies, but few 9.8 due to small spine ticks.