• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thrilling Comics...scarce issues?

34 posts in this topic

Robbie, I've personally only ever seen one copy of issue #7 and that is in Jive's personal collection.

If you have a copy, I've been looking for a while for that terrific purple suited skull Schomburg cover! :takeit:

A lot of the early issues are really tough.

Do you have GPA? A cursory look at the census shows 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 all to only have a few (2-4) issues on the census.

Yes, some of the issues in the teens are really tough.

Robbie, I've personally only ever seen one copy of issue #7 and that is in Jive's personal collection.

If you have a copy, I've been looking for a while for that terrific purple suited skull Schomburg cover! :takeit:

Do you have GPA? A cursory look at the census shows 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 all to only have a few (2-4) issues on the census.

Mine are not for sale, but I've had 6-9 for a long time. I think I posted a group shot a several years ago.

Mine are not for sale, but I've had 6-9 for a long time. I think I posted a group shot a several years ago.

:cry:

Everything below #32 is tough.

Everything above #72 is tough.

Everything in between is not as tough but still tough.

Well in 9.0+ almost everything is tough.

:baiting:

Everything below #32 is tough.

Everything above #72 is tough.

Everything in between is not as tough but still tough.

Well in 9.0+ almost everything is tough.

Not everything. I'd still have all my money if it was.

I was just curious what some of you in the know would say are the toughest issues of Thrilling Comics.

I've heard some of the issues in the late teens can be quite scarce. Thanks

#38 is tough, and very desirable.

Sweet...thanks for the info

No I don't have a 7. If I did I wouldn't want to part with it. Didn't realize how scare it was but I do love the cover!

I just picked up a 19. Never seen the book before so I didn't know if it was a tough one or not. Cover is wicked cool

I was just curious what some of you in the know would say are the toughest issues of Thrilling Comics.

I couldn't agree more. It took me nearly 10 years to find a decent mid-grade copy (and I attend a buch of conventions). By far one of the toughest and under-priced rare books on the market.

Yep #7 is insanely difficult. Below are the issues I lack to complete the run. Not saying all of these are tough. Many are readily available - just haven't found one within grade or price for me

1, 2, 7, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 25, 29, 32, 46, 53, 57, 62, 69, 72

I couldn't agree more. It took me nearly 10 years to find a decent mid-grade copy (and I attend a buch of conventions). By far one of the toughest and under-priced rare books on the market.

I miss my old copy, but it's in good hands...

thrilling38.jpg

What. this old rag?

ThrillingComics7cgc90f.jpg

This one's a highly under-rated Schomburg cover too...

Thrilling40cgc80f.jpg

and this one's harder to find then a straight guy in West Hollywood.

Thrilling15cgc80f.jpg

What. this old rag?

ThrillingComics7cgc90f.jpg

:frustrated:

and this one's harder to find then a straight guy in West Hollywood.

I've spent 2 weeks out of the past two months in West Hollywood. Are you trying to say something?