• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How should I frame these covers?

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I'm glad I stumbled upon this forum! I googled "original art forum" and this popped up. It's funny because I am recognizing a few people from CAF! Nice to meet you all.

I was looking to get some opinions on how to frame four covers I have, all from the same book by the same artist.

You can view the art in my CAF gallery here: Chuck BB covers or below.

Should I frame all four together in one frame horizontally? Or should I frame them individually with the published artwork next to them? As far as size goes, they are around 9x14.

Thanks for any opinions!

KA3.jpg

KA4.jpg

KA5.jpg

KA6.jpg

Welcome to the boards and thanks for sharing your collection. I like it :applause:

I would frame the covers seperately with the published version. The reason I'd do this instead of together is that the covers don't really "go together" even though they are from the same series.

If you have a tough time deciding, mock up a display of each version in photoshop and see how they look then.

Mike

Thanks for the reply and the welcome! Your collection is an example of someone I recognize here from your gallery. I found Tom Haubrick through browsing your gallery, and I am eternally grateful. I drool over your Preacher collection, of course.

Regarding my covers, doing mock-ups is a good idea. Maybe I'll post them here. A concern of mine was cost, to be honest. I'm sure it will cost much more to frame all four individually. But I do love the idea of having the published art next to it.

Art behind glass is a great place to start if you're looking for framing ideas. I had some similar questions when I was thinking about framing a cover I had.

Personally, I would agree with the previous poster though. If you ever decide to sell them (not that you would), but it would be easier to do it. Also, it's much more flexible to have them separately framed if you want to rearrange them.

Art behind glass is a great place to start if you're looking for framing ideas. I had some similar questions when I was thinking about framing a cover I had.

Personally, I would agree with the previous poster though. If you ever decide to sell them (not that you would), but it would be easier to do it. Also, it's much more flexible to have them separately framed if you want to rearrange them.

Hey, thanks for pointing me to that thread. Pretty much makes this one obsolete! I really appreciate it.