• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gil Kane Cover Thread
6 6

632 posts in this topic

Very nice Barton, did you buy those Kid's already graded?

All raw. I don't know anybody else crazy enough to pay the slabbing fees for these.

Speaking of crazy, I have some bronze Kid Colts and Two Gun Kids on the way back from CGC too.

:whistle:

manfromatlantis4.jpg

Do you have any idea who inked that one? It's undeniably Kane, but the best of it gets lost under those inks.

powerman25.jpg

I love how the main figure is so off-balance. It gives the design a sense of motion.

powerman26.jpg

"Sweet Sister!" I love the Bronze Age!

powerman28.jpg

And we have nostrils! I do love Kane, but when I see what should be a two-dimensional image, like a poster, I always wonder why it isn't drawn as it would appear. It's drawn as if we're seeing the figure from slightly below and in 3/4 view, even though it's doubtful a real billboard would have been designed that way. Maybe it would just look too weird otherwise. Still, a cool idea to have the billboard look as if it's blowing smoke rings around Power Man.

manfromatlantis4.jpg

Do you have any idea who inked that one? It's undeniably Kane, but the best of it gets lost under those inks.

Tony DeZuniga. He had the same effect on many covers and interiors, unfortunately.

powerman26.jpg

"Sweet Sister!" I love the Bronze Age!

Me too!

powerman28.jpg

And we have nostrils! I do love Kane, but when I see what should be a two-dimensional image, like a poster, I always wonder why it isn't drawn as it would appear. It's drawn as if we're seeing the figure from slightly below and in 3/4 view, even though it's doubtful a real billboard would have been designed that way. Maybe it would just look too weird otherwise. Still, a cool idea to have the billboard look as if it's blowing smoke rings around Power Man.

Between the nostrils and the hands/fingers, Kane didn't really need to sign his work.