• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay deal with Spoon shipping !! Calling out a Ebay Seller !!!!

25 posts in this topic

I got a low-grade golden age comic in the mail yesterday, wrapped in two thin catalogs, one from each side with the edges taped down. I still don't understand what kind of protection that was supposed to be. Sorry I didn't take pictures.

The comic was not damaged though, just glad to be free.

I got a low-grade golden age comic in the mail yesterday, wrapped in two thin catalogs, one from each side with the edges taped down. I still don't understand what kind of protection that was supposed to be. Sorry I didn't take pictures.

The comic was not damaged though, just glad to be free.

Crazy, right? Years ago I received a golden age comic (Superman #23) that was inserted into a Ziploc bag and then into a thin bubblewrap envelope -- no cardboard or anything. :screwy: By an absolute miracle it did arrive intact and undamaged.

The only way to send CGC books is to double box them. They are delicate.

Neg the seller.

They're not as delicate as they appear to be. I agree that this seller in particular deserves a neg but I've sent slabs in a single box and never had a problem. I've received them in a single box wrapped in a paper grocery store bag and it was fine as well. FWIW, I do use a lot of bubble wrap and packing (dr) nuts :)

I think it mainly boils down to how hard the package is handled (anyone???)

What makes you all think this is just an eBay problem?

I received a cracked slab (in a bag) from someone on the board (he's since moved to boxes). He was not the only one. He's also one of my favorite boarders/sellers.

Books come from CGC just wrapped in bubble wrap, not double boxed...not packed tightly.I'm always shocked when they arrive safely.

I got a book from Heritage in a bag, put in a box, no bubble wrap, that was cracked (they did offer me a return label).

I agree it should not have been packed this way, but it's not just eBay.