• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping non-profiteer

22 posts in this topic

I thought I'd try a positive thread for once.

I bought a book on ebay for $0.99, paid by paypal with S&H $1.84 - for a grand total of $2.83. 2 mailing days later, the book is in my mailbox (shipped from CA to NC), 1st class with delivery confirmation with a shipping charge of $3.24, so the guy is out $0.41 plus paypal's fees for the ENTIRE transaction!

The seller was "handtight65". thumbsup2.gif

I had someone hit the BIN on a Hulk lot last night. I guessed when I posted my shipping costs in my listing. I said Media Mail would be $8.00 and Priority would be $16.00. The buyer sent me $8.00. When I went to the PO this morning I found out that Media was only ~$3.50 and Priority was only $10. Instead of sending him a refund I just kicked in the extra $2.00 and sent it Priority.

Knowing my luck the buyer will get ticked off that I didn't send it Media Mail. insane.gif

I had someone hit the BIN on a Hulk lot last night. I guessed when I posted my shipping costs in my listing. I said Media Mail would be $8.00 and Priority would be $16.00. The buyer sent me $8.00. When I went to the PO this morning I found out that Media was only ~$3.50 and Priority was only $10. Instead of sending him a refund I just kicked in the extra $2.00 and sent it Priority.

Knowing my luck the buyer will get ticked off that I didn't send it Media Mail. insane.gif

Yea, sometimes you gotta be be like Spike Lee and Do The Right Thing! grin.gif

That would describe me hi.gif I'd rather get $5 (in cash, included with books) back than get the books 3 -5 days earlier foreheadslap.gif and knowing it was you, I'd probably tear you a new one with a scathing negative feedback from which you would only recover from after years of therapy insane.giftongue.gif

I thought I'd try a positive thread for once.

I bought a book on ebay for $0.99, paid by paypal with S&H $1.84 - for a grand total of $2.83. 2 mailing days later, the book is in my mailbox (shipped from CA to NC), 1st class with delivery confirmation with a shipping charge of $3.24, so the guy is out $0.41 plus paypal's fees for the ENTIRE transaction!

The seller was "handtight65". thumbsup2.gif

They're are some good people out there..One can always hope cloud9.gif

There are several shipping non-profiteers out there. One of them is typing right here. Also throws in extra comics. Upgrades shipping services to Forum Members. But some, not all, of them STILL complain and are never satisfied.

But to keep this a positive Thread, I am glad you appreciate the non-profiteers. Wish they were all like you!

CAL hi.gif

There are several shipping non-profiteers out there. One of them is typing right here. Also throws in extra comics. Upgrades shipping services to Forum Members. But some, not all, of them STILL complain and are never satisfied.

But to keep this a positive Thread, I am glad you appreciate the non-profiteers. Wish they were all like you!

CAL hi.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, Deathlok I only charge $3.00 to ship CGC comics after our public "spat" months ago. I also send Forum Members extra comics - just PM them and ask them. No need to 893scratchchin-thumb.gif from you. Of course it never occured to you that I re-vamped my Selling features after our transaction(s). It also never occured to you that when we had our "spat", I was not an active participant of this Board.

I view your response above as inappropriate so this is my response.

CAL

Yes, Deathlok I only charge $3.00 to ship CGC comics after our public "spat" months ago. I also send Forum Members extra comics - just PM them and ask them. No need to 893scratchchin-thumb.gif from you. Of course it never occured to you that I re-vamped my Selling features after our transaction(s). It also never occured to you that when we had our "spat", I was not an active participant of this Board.

I view your response above as inappropriate so this is my response.

CAL

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What is it you are 893scratchchin-thumb.gif about, Deathlok Just ask me. Check my auctions first if you have not been following them since last November.

CAL juggle.gif