• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT-What Retro Coin-Op would you like to be re-introduced...

35 posts in this topic

What Retro Coin-Op would you like to be re-introduced to your gaming system?

I ask this because I am a collector of retro video games that are on the the market for the

PS1 and PS2 consoles.

One of the dreams I had growing-up was owning an arcade and these collections are the next best thing.

Here is what I own so far:

PS1 Arcades Greatest Hits/ The Atari Collection Vol. 1

includes Coin-Op versions of: Asteroids, Battle Zone, Centipede, Missle Command, Super Breakout and Tempest

PS1 Arcades Greatest Hits/ The Atari Collection Vol. 2

includes Coin-Op versions of: PaperBoy, Gauntlet, RoadBlasters, Millipede, Marble Madness and Crystal Castles

Sega Gen Arcades Greatest Hits/ The Midway Collection Vol. 1

includes Coin-Op versions of: Defender, Joust, Robotron 2084, Sinistar and Rootbeer Tapper

PS1 Arcades Greatest Hits/ The Midway Collection Vol. 2

includes Coin-Op versions of: BurgerTime, Joust 2, MoonPatrol, Blaster, Splat and Spy Hunter.

PS1 Namco Museum Vol. 1

includes Coin-Op versions of: Pac-Man, Galaga, Pole Position, Bosconian and Rally-X

PS1 Namco Museum Vol. 2

includes Coin-Op versions of: Mrs. Pac-Man, Galaxian,Pole Position 2, Phozon and The Tower of Druaga

PS1 Arcde Party Pak

includes Coin-Op versions of: Rampage, Toobin, Super Sprint, 720 degrees, Klax and Smash TV

PS1 Konami Arcade Classics

includes Coin-Op versions of: Gyruss, Time Pilot, Yie Ar Kungu-Fu, Pooyan, Circus Charlie, Shao-Lin's Road, Roc'N Rope, Scramble,Road Fighter and Super Cobra

I also have the ulra sweet sets of PS1 Activision Classics (off of the Atari 2600) and the PS1 Intellivion set.

There are still Literally thousands of Coin-Op versions that haven't been released that I have been wanting and waiting for (someday). Heck I've even sent a couple of e-mails to Nintendo about them selling a Classics set (even if it was only sold for that worthless cube console, I'd buy the whole set just to have them) this set would include: Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Donkey Kong 3, Mario Brothers, Super Mario Bros.

Also my answer to the Question of this thread would be on the second set that could bleed from this. My Favorite video game Coin Op is Punch -Out and they could include this as a set of classic that wasn't part of there foundation Donkey Kong/Mario themes like so:

Punch-Out, Super Punch-Out( real Coin-Op), Popeye, F-Zero, Double Dragon, Metroid, VS Baseball, Pro Wrestling and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Oh well...

What Retro Coin-Op would you like to be re-introduced to your gaming system? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I have a buddy who has an old-style arcade cabinet modded with a PC inside, playing over 2000 old-style games using an emulator called MAME.

These are the original roms that used to be inside the original arcade games.

My three favorites by far are Galaga (probably the most addictive video shoot-em up ever), Marble Madness, Super Sprint (Championship Sprint), Burger Time and Kung-Fu Master thumbsup2.gif

Galaga & Time Pilot (which I assume have been re-introduced already), Star Wars and Mr. Do's Castle.

CRC

Star Wars rocked (the first 50 cent game)!!

I don't think I've had the chance to play Mr. Do's Castle how as that different from Mr. Do?

If I do recall they did release Mr. Do the first one on a Super Nintendo Cart.

I usually wait for a set unless I can get a really good deal. smirk.gif

I have a buddy who has an old-style arcade cabinet modded with a PC inside, playing over 2000 old-style games using an emulator called MAME.

My three favorites by far are Galaga (probably the most addictive video shoot-em up ever), Marble Madness, Super Sprint (Championship Sprint), Burger Time and Kung-Fu Master thumbsup2.gif

MAN! If I could have someone build me something like that, it would be a dream come true.

I don't have real Coin Ops because I don't have the room for them, but if I had one cabinet that played several that would be awesome!! shocked.gif

MAN! If I could have someone build me something like that, it would be a dream come true.

I don't have real Coin Ops because I don't have the room for them, but if I had one cabinet that played several that would be awesome!! shocked.gif

Well here is his page....

Arcade Cabinet with 2000+ games

This is another cool page about the same subject.... web page

Well here is his page....

Arcade Cabinet with 2000+ games

This is another cool page about the same subject.... web page

SWEET!! thumbsup2.gif

Track and Field...

in the early days... before they discovered you could beat the game using a comb and added button guards...

Mmmm.... Track and Field... cloud9.gif

Tron

Discs of Tron

Phoenix

Berzerk

Gorf

I, Robot

a great book for those of us who grew up from the beginning of the video game, is "High Score" by Rusel Demaria & Johnny I. Wilson. thumbsup2.gif

here are a couple favorites of mine Sky Shark, Pleiades, Super Attack Cobra, Stargate, and going waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy back Star Castle and Death Race Man to have back all the quarters I fed those monsters

here are a couple favorites of mine Sky Shark, Pleiades, Super Attack Cobra, Stargate, and going waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy back Star Castle and Death Race Man to have back all the quarters I fed those monsters

I have to admit you have me stumped ona couple of those just by name. Super Attack Cobra I think I know.

Tron

Discs of Tron

Ahh D.O.T... one of my all time fav's, that stand up cabinet was the best.

I cast a vote for

Battle Zone (Green outline Tank Sim)

and

Gauntlet

wasted many a quarter, and afternoon on both of those.

If I do recall they did release Mr. Do the first one on a Super Nintendo Cart.

I just checked the complete list of super nintendo games, which I already had a printout of crazy.gif and there is indeed a Mr Do! on it.

It sounds like what you'd really like is a Playchoice 10 which plays ten games at once. Also, the boards can be pulled out and replaced with others, it's sort of like a CD changer, you can store any ten games at one time. Also, I'm not 100% sure but I think they might have made a smaller counter top version as well.

Sample board - mix and match!

....and here's the TMNT you wanted

I'm with CompleteRun on this one.......in the late 70's I had a major jones for this one.......

got a sufi-master-zen-dance thing going while playing it.......... cloud9.gif

galaga.jpg

Dude this playchoice idea rocks!

Do you have one or know somebody that has one?

The reason why I am asking is I was wondering how difficult it was to change the boards?

Shoot if it was easy I'd own dozens of these boards and switch on the fly.

Also do these machines break easy? I noticed that Track and Field was loaded and I know that game can get pretty rough on the system. It has been about 15 years since I last played it and my hands are still numb from slapping those buttons! grin.gif

Lastly do boards come universal for a playchoice game system? Meaning do the boards all have to be Nintendo branded since the auction that you gave a link to is this brand?

thanks for the help!

thumbsup2.gif

I think the boards are pretty easy to switch but I don't have any direct experience. I don't have one myself since I just collect console games...

I think nintendo is the only company that made them, but I basically only collect nintendo stuff so I probably wouldn't know if another company *had* made them wink.gif

I'm going to pm you the name of someone who's quite knowledgeable and who should be able to help you out with any other questions.

Dan