• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BATMAN #9 (Cover Detached + Missing CF) for $75.00 - Was that A Good Deal?

7 posts in this topic

I think you did fine. Hard to find a single digit Batman for under $200, much less $100. It is a nice cover to display too, if it presents well.

Back in my CBG days I used to try to pick up a cheap, low grade GA book at just about every show. One year at SD I found a g-vg looking Cap (forget the number, but somewhere in the 40s or 50s) in a bargain box, but missing pages, for $50. I passed at first, thinking I might find something better, and by the time I went back, it was gone. Regretted that miss for a long time and never did find another low grade Cap that cheap.

I think you did fine. Hard to find a single digit Batman for under $200, much less $100. It is a nice cover to display too, if it presents well.

Back in my CBG days I used to try to pick up a cheap, low grade GA book at just about every show. One year at SD I found a g-vg looking Cap (forget the number, but somewhere in the 40s or 50s) in a bargain box, but missing pages, for $50. I passed at first, thinking I might find something better, and by the time I went back, it was gone. Regretted that miss for a long time and never did find another low grade Cap that cheap.

I feel your pain regarding the CAP issues. I had 2 later issues that were remainders with the top quarter of the FC cut off. I flipped them overnight to a dealer, but I soon found out they were much more valuable, and I've since grown to appreciate those books, but will never be able to afford to buy them for what I paid for those ($2 each about 5 years - yes, ONLY $2 each...)

As for the BATMAN #9, he sure did well. GPA shows a blue label CGC 0.5 having sold for $203.00 back in 2005, and a qualified (incomplete) 3.5 sold for $408.00 back in 2003... So $75.00 is a steal. I'm eager to see it.

As for the BATMAN #9, he sure did well. GPA shows a blue label CGC 0.5 having sold for $203.00 back in 2005, and a qualified (incomplete) 3.5 sold for $408.00 back in 2003... So $75.00 is a steal. I'm eager to see it.

A steal? Sounds like he is receiving illegal goods. Please ship it to me and I will see that it gets back to the appropriate party, :acclaim:me

A steal? Sounds like he is receiving illegal goods. Please ship it to me and I will see that it gets back to the appropriate party, :acclaim:me

Strange LCS. The common back issues are all aggressively priced and the low grade scarce stuff like GA books are waaaay under market value. Oddest part is that the owner collects GA.... (shrug)

Strange LCS. The common back issues are all aggressively priced and the low grade scarce stuff like GA books are waaaay under market value. Oddest part is that the owner collects GA.... (shrug)

I could have used another copy of Batman 9. My copy is a little beat up.

6905436751_217de7bfe5_z.jpg