• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales of the Zombie...

75 posts in this topic

Tales of the Zombie is one of my favorite mags--I just recently finished my run--the cool thing about this book is that it is based on a Bill Everett character from Menace #5 I believe--

I think you are correct. I am also trying to put together a run in HG, #2 is proving hard to find in nice shape.

issue 2 is super tough--don't know if it is a low print run or what is up with that issue--it took me years to find a nice NM-

have you found a nice copy of the annual? That was a hard one for me to find as well in HG

I think I have, I will check when I get home tomorrow, if so, I will post it here.

I dug these out and checked on my Vampire Tales copies, Marcos did do a bit of art in the VT issues I have, (not very many).

Issue 2 and the Annual aren't that bad, considering they were bought off the rack, then smuggled home.

Zombie2-1.jpg

ZombieAnnual.jpg

Thanks for the info and posting the cool covers (thumbs u

Pablo Marcos artwork is so suited to the horror genre (especially B+W mags) :cloud9:

PCC

More on Marcos, he did some great work in Haunt of Horror too, I especially remember his work on some Satana stories (and who wouldn't?).

Cimm- That's a nice bunch of Zombies you have there! It's funny how your copies have date stamps, a good portion of my copies are date-stamped, too. Was this the retailer just keeping track of inventory? I thought that the cover date told the retailer how long to keep a book on the shelf.

issue 2 is super tough--don't know if it is a low print run or what is up with that issue--it took me years to find a nice NM-

have you found a nice copy of the annual? That was a hard one for me to find as well in HG

Thought I had a one, here it is with others that I have.

Picture220.jpg

Picture221.jpg

Picture222.jpg

Picture223.jpg

Picture258.jpg

Last and by no means least.

Picture191-1.jpg

I dug these out and checked on my Vampire Tales copies, Marcos did do a bit of art in the VT issues I have, (not very many).

Issue 2 and the Annual aren't that bad, considering they were bought off the rack, then smuggled home.

Zombie2-1.jpg

That #2 looks pretty sharp.

They have a Marvel Essential of this title if anyone is interested in reading the storyline for cheap.

Thanks for the heads up!

If issues of Tales of the Zombie prove to be on the pricey side here in the UK I'll go down the 'Essential' route.

I would say it will all depend on what sort of grade you like, Fines should only cost £3-£5.

They have a Marvel Essential of this title if anyone is interested in reading the storyline for cheap.

Thanks for the heads up!

If issues of Tales of the Zombie prove to be on the pricey side here in the UK I'll go down the 'Essential' route.

I would say it will all depend on what sort of grade you like, Fines should only cost £3-£5.

As it's not something I would normally pick up I think Fine would be...Hmm Fine!

Thanks for the info and posting the cool covers (thumbs u

Pablo Marcos artwork is so suited to the horror genre (especially B+W mags) :cloud9:

PCC

More on Marcos, he did some great work in Haunt of Horror too, I especially remember his work on some Satana stories (and who wouldn't?).

Cimm- That's a nice bunch of Zombies you have there! It's funny how your copies have date stamps, a good portion of my copies are date-stamped, too. Was this the retailer just keeping track of inventory? I thought that the cover date told the retailer how long to keep a book on the shelf.

I love his Satana stuff! I also have a few Skywalds with his artwork in it as well--now that the weekend is here I will have to do some digging through my mag boxes to check which ones. I think he got his start there--no? I think Sal Brodsky brought a few Skywald artisits and writers over to start the marvel line of mags.