• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CONTEST BOOKS

118 posts in this topic

BOOK #21

TALES TO ASTONISH 90

small stain on the bc at the bottom of the spine...about the size of the tip if your finger....more visible inside the cover than outside so whatever it is, bled thru the cover :tonofbricks:

t90fjpg.jpgt90b.jpgDSC00294.JPG

BOOK #32

ALL STAR WESTERN 10

1/4" tear on the bottom edge of the fc under the arm of the shooting cowboy. There is moisture damage on his arm about the 1" x 1" square area. There is also moisture damage on the bottom of the bc near the spine about the same size.

asw10f.jpgasw10b.jpgDSC00304.JPG

and that is all 32 books....wheeeeeee....done...yippee.

a) RULE #1 . Do not PM me any questions on any books

b) RULE #2 . See rule #1 so it is clear :grin:

c) RULE #3 . Please no comments that can give ANY indications to the grade such as "oh...that is a nice MID grade book" (tsk)

d) RULE #4 . Any questions about any books MUST be posted here so if you want to point out flaws that other might missed, then it is up to you. The scans are very clear and I will add notes along the way.

e) RULE #5. If you violate any of the rules above, I can disqualify you. My game and my rules.

I will go back in the next few days and add comments and notes on each book to make your grading life easier or harder :devil: many of your questions might be answered in the notes. As the contest moves along, if I see a good question, I will add notes to the book for clarifications.

at the end of the day, I think the contest is about testing your skills on spotting flaws, what would be the fun of pointing out every flaws right?

I will create a spreadsheet next week that you can all download and fill out. Until then, enjoy :acclaim:

The DEADLINE TO THIS CONTEST IS MONTHS AWAY....plenty of time to participate....if you want the result sooner, I take donations to submit faster tiers :grin:

Nick, way to go. I haven't even looked at the books yet and I know it's been a lot work.

Thanks for undertaking such a big deal. :applause:

Let us know what other help you may need.

thanks..I am all ears on a better way to submit score.

right now my plan is to create simple spreadsheet that everyone can download and email it back to me when it is time to submit the score.

a) what is the best place to load this spreadsheet that anyone can download? dropbox?

b) an entirely different scoring system?

I am toying with ways to make it easy for people to participate BUT also easy for me to score and I can't think of an easier way than using a spreadsheet.

just more self indulge post :grin: but the item below all the PQ pics is this magnificent book.

I can say bar none for me as a collector that started to buy books off the rack in 1981, nothing was as exciting as this Thor run. This was my favorite run off the rack by a long shot. I may love the X-men more but the issues post 1981 was no where as good as the back issues with Byrne and Claremont that I bought later. Thor 337 was the only book I bought more than one copy. I knew I would read the original to death so i had to to back to the LCS and bought a 2nd copy to save.

Simonson style may not be for everyone but I put him on top of my wish list to meet one of these days.

THOR.JPG

If I had my wish, I would like IDW to put out a book of Weapon X by Barry W.