• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

I agree it's a tough book. Just got an 8.0 and an 8.5 recently. A few 9.8's too but an 8.0?

that set did pretty well. i think that canadian short box was the difference maker ;)

Next set goes up on the weekend if I can find the time. :)

8.5 this time.

I agree it's a tough book. Just got an 8.0 and an 8.5 recently. A few 9.8's too but an 8.0?

that set did pretty well. i think that canadian short box was the difference maker ;)

8.5 this time.

I got a 9.0, 9.2, 9.4, 9.6x3, 9.8x2 on my last couple Y1 subs. About what I expected, but still...tough book.

Another thing about the Y covers, I think a big reason there is a relative lack of high grade copies is because the covers didn't entice one to look after them as much as some of the other, more beautiful books.

Very true, but I love the cover with ampersand dressed up as hamlet. Wish I had a copy of it. Also speaking of covers. Saga does have that going for it as well. All the covers have to me at least an iconic feel to them.

Edited by Miso

With the Saga craze and people buying multiple copies, its like people are trying to find a golden ticket lodged in between the pages.

Yup, I will wait for about 6 to 8 issues to come out and just buy a lot of them in NM condition off eBay for what I am guessing will be around cover price.

Just too many people speculating on this book for it to really jump in price.

Just going through old posts. Sorry to both parties. But it's fun to go back at the beginning and read what was being said.

8.5 this time.

I got a 9.0, 9.2, 9.4, 9.6x3, 9.8x2 on my last couple Y1 subs. About what I expected, but still...tough book.

You cost me too much money. :taptaptap:

Just stopped at my low key LCS near my work, and was able to grab 3 xs #2 and and 2 runs from 3-9. I'm hoping to get some 2's graded seems like they are heating up a little

Very nice!

I jumped on the Saga bandwagon too late, but I did manage to land these from a couple of LCSs in December for cover or less (50% of boxing day sales are :cloud9: ). I had a #1 from earlier via a trade, and landed a #2 and #6 (not shown) in another deal on the boards for cover.

IMG-20130116-00198.jpg

Edited by kimik

Just stopped at my low key LCS near my work, and was able to grab 3 xs #2 and and 2 runs from 3-9. I'm hoping to get some 2's graded seems like they are heating up a little

Very nice!

I jumped on the Saga bandwagon too late, but I did manage to land these from a couple of LCSs in December for cover or less (50% of boxing day sales are :cloud9: ). I had a #1 from earlier via a trade, and landed a #2 and #6 (not shown) in another deal on the boards for cover.

IMG-20130116-00198.jpg

:golfclap:

The sad thing is that I could have landed more, plus some #1s ($9.95 apiece) and #2s, at cover at two of the LCSs if I had been paying attention to Image during my New 52 buying spree in October & November. I was able to nearly fill a long box with early Batmans and associated Bat titles for cover during those months and probably could have done the same with Saga.

The next RRP could sell for a grand...This is sick. I would have never thought it would sell like this. Milehighcomics has the regular cover for $144 raw and $75 for issue 2 2nd print raw.

Edited by carter3175

Saga vs. Y is an interesting one. Saga is booming right now, sure, but there's a heck of a lot of supply out there - like twice as many copies as ToT.

If demand stays consistent the price will keep creeping up. But it's certainly not a bad time to sell if you're sitting on a stockpile :whistle:

Print run on Thief of Thieves 1 first print was 17,887 and Saga 1 first print was over 37,000. It's amazing how this book has taken on a life of it's own. I remember how dozens of copies of #1 sat on the shelf for months at my LCS.....Until about issue 4, then it was selling out constantly.

I think one of the strong appeals of the book is it's Star Wars-esque look and feel. It's a sci-fi soap opera.

Very nice!

IMG-20130116-00198.jpg

You need to get a RRP. :baiting:

Very nice!

:golfclap:

+1 :golfclap:

I do not have my group shot ready... but soon.

Edited by ItsJustRyan