• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Yep, that's what I'm saying. If an international bidder can't at least pony up for Priority, I'd rather sell domestically. It sucks since I love selling to international buyers, but that's just the way it is.

With items under $30 sellers will usually charge for 1st class. Anything over and I expect to pay for Priority. When I do see anything I want I just factor it into the price. The exchange rate usually buffers the price of an item, so it comes out costing what I would pay for if it was available over here.

I'm slapped with $30-40 shipping every time to get anything decent to Australia.

Really undoes a lot of hard working finding a good deal when you add $40 back on to the price...

Then you need to work harder my friend.

a slab is $16 surface to Australia.

If you want insurance - obviously extra.

$40?

Out the seller - that is daylight robbery.

I won this today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221175085053

$54 shipping.

Will be a lot smarter going forward cause you're right, it's crazy...

Refuse to pay it.

That is outright skullduggery.

If its

I know its a boardie - pm him.

Its not rocket science to find a cheaper option.

Thats total BS.

Surface uninsured is $16.

Ask MikeNYC - he sent them.

I will not ship to australia. Just because it does cost a lot of money to get it there within the 60 day window but Australians allways act like you should charge less. Its such a BS place to sell comics too. YOU LIVE ON AN ISLAND, SHIPPING IS EXPENSIVE.

I'm slapped with $30-40 shipping every time to get anything decent to Australia.

Really undoes a lot of hard working finding a good deal when you add $40 back on to the price...

$40?

I won this today:

$54 shipping.

Refuse to pay it.

If its

Thats total BS.

I will not ship to australia. Just because it does cost a lot of money to get it there within the 60 day window but Australians allways act like you should charge less. Its such a BS place to sell comics too. YOU LIVE ON AN ISLAND, SHIPPING IS EXPENSIVE.

Sadly I have to agree with this. I have shipped Worldwide for over 10 years and it is usually a headache shipping to Australia. I have considered just not offering shipping to Australia but I like to ship Worldwide. I pay shipping from there so why do I get so much grief shipping to there.

Shipping for ANY CGC comic from Canada to Australia starts at $40 CDN. Is there a cheaper surface option? Yes. Would I ever use that option on eBay so the buyer can just hit a button and get a refund? No. As a buyer I would never choose to wait 3 months just to see if the seller shipped my purchase. Why would anyone ask for that?

$40?

I won this today:

$54 shipping.

Refuse to pay it.

If its

Thats total BS.

As a seller, you'd have to have a death wish to send anything international by airmail (surface uninsured). If it goes missing, you have nothing - no insurance, no tracking for paypal. Your money might as well have disappeared into a black hole. Same as if it turns up damaged. No recourse.

Priority is the way to go here - it should be in the high $30s to low $40s and provides insurance and delivery confirmation.

+1

I've lost two packages shipping first class to Australia - I only offer USPS priority shipping for international customers now.

Yep, that's what I'm saying. If an international bidder can't at least pony up for Priority, I'd rather sell domestically. It sucks since I love selling to international buyers, but that's just the way it is.

With items under $30 sellers will usually charge for 1st class. Anything over and I expect to pay for Priority. When I do see anything I want I just factor it into the price. The exchange rate usually buffers the price of an item, so it comes out costing what I would pay for if it was available over here.

I also offer uninsured postage for lower priced items. My tolerance is actually $100 but I my minimum is air mail and not surface.

Over $150 and I insist on express which starts at $90 anywhere over the pond. :(

So great.

Fiona is unbelievable...

100% agree... she's got to run out of color schemes eventually though... right? Taste the rainbow.

The covers are one of the things I enjoy most about this series. Such a clean design, great logo, and not a single duff effort yet (apart from the Ghost variant, which I didn't like - but then that wasn't Fiona).

They just get better and better.