• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Fiona should do one non-digital cover and sell the OA. I wonder what price that would go for.

It would be hard to guess if she did only ONE, but if she sold a cover per issue and no splash/panels, my guess would be in the 1500-2000 range. As the series becomes more popular, it would jump up.

As a comparison, Adlards WD covers were less than 1000 just around a year ago - now they are in the 3000 range. Another comp - Oliver Coipel covers (epic and iconic) are in the 2k+ range.

$2000 would be a steal and I would sign up for a subscription service "cover of the month" club. ;-)

$2,000 is by no means a steal - it's very much on the top end of what regular covers from a monthly series by a non A-list artist go for.

Fiona should do one non-digital cover and sell the OA. I wonder what price that would go for.

It would be hard to guess if she did only ONE, but if she sold a cover per issue and no splash/panels, my guess would be in the 1500-2000 range. As the series becomes more popular, it would jump up.

As a comparison, Adlards WD covers were less than 1000 just around a year ago - now they are in the 3000 range. Another comp - Oliver Coipel covers (epic and iconic) are in the 2k+ range.

$2000 would be a steal and I would sign up for a subscription service "cover of the month" club. ;-)

$2,000 is by no means a steal - it's very much on the top end of what regular covers from a monthly series by a non A-list artist go for.

I think I'm fairly in touch with the comic art market, and I can guarantee she would have no problem moving covers at 2k. There would be a waiting list.

I think I'm fairly in touch with the comic art market, and I can guarantee she would have no problem moving covers at 2k. There would be a waiting list.

Which there always is for great cover art from a popular series - it doesn't mean that her covers would be worth, say, $4,000, though.

All these family photos have finally motivated me to post one of my own. Unfortunately we couldn't get the whole gang together, as many brothers and sisters are off at CGC, but here is what I could gather up from the books that have yet to be sorted/graded/etc. I could take similar pics for 3-9, but...you get the idea. ;-)

smile_zps40869f31.jpg

SAH! GAH!

All these family photos have finally motivated me to post one of my own. Unfortunately we couldn't get the whole gang together, as many brothers and sisters are off at CGC, but here is what I could gather up from the books that have yet to be sorted/graded/etc. I could take similar pics for 3-9, but...you get the idea. ;-)

smile_zps40869f31.jpg

SAH! GAH!

I think its safe to say the print run on saga # 1 means nothing when you have this type of thing going on

smile_zps40869f31.jpg

SAH! GAH!

:golfclap:

Bring out your DEAD!!!!!! ;)

I wouldnt mind seeing these 2 face off for an episode of Ultimate Warrior.Deadliest Warrior

Fixed.

Haven't seen her fight yet, but $$$$ on the chick with horns (sorry Michonne).

SHE'S GOT HORNS MICHONNE!!!

Edited by ItsJustRyan

SAH! GAH!

I think its safe to say the print run on saga # 1 means nothing when you have this type of thing going on

Really have to worry about saturating the market. Seeing things like this could bring the prices down.

SAH! GAH!

:golfclap:

Bring out your DEAD!!!!!! ;)

I thought I had something Court with my little 5 or 6 incomplete sets (only have 4 #1's with one being a beater). I'm quickly (very quickly) and regularly humbled by my fellow boardies. I think "buy 10" - Someone else thinks "buy 50" :grin:

jjeanius - I have comic envy.

On a side note - from a pure story standpoint, this is my favorite, BY FAR, in years. I usually read once then move on. This has me reading multiple times. Even Revival, which I love, is a read and move on... But I find this so fresh and the story drawn and told incredibly well... I really hope it becomes a movie.