• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

the hoarders, hoarded long ago. I think that many things are pushing saga up, but I think people who were sitting on the sideline, are buying in now because they dont want to wait. Obviously it climbed a lot quickly, and it might not hold a straight line, but it wont be going back down to where it was.

Comics are HOT period right now, and those people, watching Big Bang, or Reality Comic shows, or who got into collecting this past year...what is an attainable series of quality that also has some value and is rising that they can buy?

Saga

Walking Dead is LONG GONE for anyone who doesnt want to spend thousands and thousands. Saga is definitely over hot right now, but it is almost a year old, and its readership is strong.

If anything ever gets announced, tv or movies, for saga (which is very possible given some of the much weaker titles being optioned), it will be soaring even higher.

Edited by CBT

the hoarders, hoarded long ago. I think that many things are pushing saga up, but I think people who were sitting on the sideline, are buying in now because they dont want to wait. Obviously it climbed a lot quickly, and it might not hold a straight line, but it wont be going back down to where it was.

Comics are HOT period right now, and those people, watching Big Bang, or Reality Comic shows, or who got into collecting this past year...what is an attainable series of quality that also has some value and is rising that they can buy?

Saga

Walking Dead is LONG GONE for anyone who doesnt want to spend thousands and thousands. Saga is definitely over hot right now, but it is almost a year old, and its readership is strong.

If anything ever gets announced, tv or movies, for saga (which is very possible given some of the much weaker titles being optioned), it will be soaring even higher.

I enjoy all the theories. I always wonder if any of them can ever be proven. We both know there are a boatload of assumptions here. I tend not to agree with any of them.

I enjoy all the theories. I always wonder if any of them can ever be proven. We both know there are a boatload of assumptions here. I tend not to agree with any of them.

lol, thanks Jeff. You should hear my thoughts on Chew and YTLM, ;)

titanic-sinking-underwater.jpg

Shots+Fired12.jpg

And you get the benefits of enjoying a title that is not as hot. A little less pressure on the wallet. I was quite content to collect Y in peace before the recent rumours. I've had mixed emotions about the popularity of Chew from the beginning. I think it's great that two nice guys like Rob and John are doing well but my wallet would enjoy a little less success.

I would collect both titles regardless. :)

Who's hating??

All the ppls who are saying to short sell and the price is gonna plum-it.

What are your thoughts Branget?

I think they are saying to take advantage of a spike. I didn't see anything about plummeting. I find it hard to believe it will increase at the rate of the recent spike. And with so many focused on Saga there seems to be very little discussion that quite a few titles have spiked.

Shots+Fired12.jpg

:ohnoez:

www.gpanalysis.com

Tends to mean more to me than the continuing studies at SFU. ;)

Well guys... It's been a pretty *spoon*itty day in my comic universe. The comic gods mock me.

I bought 21 Saga's from an online comic retailer for cover (2 - 9), three of each except 2 (1) and 9 (2). #2 was $7.99 and the rest were $2.99. Got an email a day later that said...

8393526992_e78e9dd6f9_z.jpg

My first thought, "this dude saw what I ordered, checked around, and decided to strong-arm me to either keep the books or raise prices."

Long story short... he wanted to raise the price of #2 from $7.99 to $29.99. He did offer to let me buy one each at cover as long as I would buy one at the raised price (insane pricing - higher than I've seen anywhere else raw). He wanted me to come out of pocket for more money. I told him to just sell me one set at cover (to try to work with him) and refund the difference (I shouldn't have to pay more money). His reply, "I respectfully decline."

His excuse was that a price update that was supposed to occur did not occur due to someone with the servers (yada, yada, yada, excuses). This is classic bait and switch boys and girls.

How does the story end Ryan... ?

(1) My money back

(2) He keeps his books (smiling)

(3) Ryan is not happy

(4) Buyer beware...