• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

I don't think that guy has enough comics to get signed...

Just want an opinion from you all and perhaps start some drama which I'm yearning for. But how much is too much when it comes to a single person with x amount of comics to get signed? 10? 50? 200? When is it at the point of being rude? Rude to the people behind you and rude to the signer? If I was 5 people back in line but someone had 50 books to have signed, that's taking up a good amount of time for everyone behind you. While i could have had my books signed in 3 minutes is now a 15 minutes and 12 minutes I'm losing out on cause of your greediness.

I dunno, its just my opinion but I find it wildly tacky having anything more than 5-10. Hell, when I was getting ebas to sign stuff I was nervous asking for 3. Seems like some people have no qualms having 30 books signed...to each his own I guess...I say if you have a certain number of books, you go to the back of the line and wait so you're not taking up everyone else's time.

:popcorn:

Oh, and if that's someone on the boards here I talk to I still love you. Just get behind me :D

Edited by roastedbagel

Oh, and if that's someone on the boards here I talk to I still love you. Just get behind me :D

I'd bet you'd love some of these people to get behind you. :baiting:lol

EDIT: I'm drunk

Bwahahaha where are you?

Just got home from happy hour or happy 4 hours.

As a rule, I usually only do only 2 or 3, unless its a big name but then I will only go up to 5. Most of the time I get the high end hardcovers signed too (Absolute editions, Omnibuses, etc..). These are always for my personal collection anyway. I have seen some people pull out like 25-30 books and could tell that the artist wanted to kill him.

I'd bet you'd love some of these people to get behind you. :baiting:lol

EDIT: I'm drunk

Bwahahaha where are you?

Just got home from happy hour or happy 4 hours.

Come to Renaissance fest with us tomorrow were doing the pub crawl inside it.

As a rule, I usually only do only 2 or 3, unless its a big name but then I will only go up to 5. Most of the time I get the high end hardcovers signed too (Absolute editions, Omnibuses, etc..). These are always for my personal collection anyway. I have seen some people pull out like 25-30 books and could tell that the artist wanted to kill him.

To me, when you bring 30 books up to an artist, you're basically telling them to their face that you're flipping them for quick cash. I doubt they like that.

To me, when you bring 30 books up to an artist, you're basically telling them to their face that you're flipping them for quick cash. I doubt they like that.

I was at a con where Adam Hughes was a guest. One guy begged and begged him for a sketch, he finally said ok. Only to find out a few days later it was on the bay and now Hughes will not do sketches at all. Fun times.