• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Just read the latest issue. BKV is seriously the most natural writer ever. Often I find myself thinking while reading that a certain chatacter 'wouldn't say that' or 'that isn't natural way to say that' but with Vaughan that never happens. He progresses plots so naturally and there were a couple setups in this issue for plot points way later on.

It was fantastic.

Edited by Hodor

I'm sure there has been some discussion about this in this long thread before but I'm curious, did someone come across another 1000 copies of the RRP and they all grade 9.8 or something? I'm curious because I haven't been gone from here that long. It seems like maybe 4-5 months and I see the 9.8 RRP selling for 1/2 if not 1/3 of what it was selling for when I left. People were trading them for WD #1 in 9.6 at the time. Especially surprised since Saga creative staff won all those Eisner awards. This drop reminds me of The Sixth Gun burst when the series was tabled.

Damn how the mighty fall so quickly :(

I'm sure there has been some discussion about this in this long thread before but I'm curious, did someone come across another 1000 copies of the RRP and they all grade 9.8 or something? I'm curious because I haven't been gone from here that long. It seems like maybe 4-5 months and I see the 9.8 RRP selling for 1/2 if not 1/3 of what it was selling for when I left. People were trading them for WD #1 in 9.6 at the time. Especially surprised since Saga creative staff won all those Eisner awards. This drop reminds me of The Sixth Gun burst when the series was tabled.

Damn how the mighty fall so quickly :(

Everything was just massively overvalued. If you look at other books, it's across the board, not just Saga or specifically the Saga RRP. There was a big old Image speculator bubble and it popped hard.