• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Here's the deal with SAGA

i know Brian has said no movie/tv/blah blah blah, yada yada, yada i think it's going to happen. not for a very long time, but it will.

We all agree how great YTLM is, and how it will be a huge hit on the big/little screen. Absolutely no denying that.

but keep this in mind. Brian created and wrote YTLM, but does not OWN it.

Saga is ALL his (and Fiona, but you know what im saying)

Epic people. Just be patient.

i know Brian has said no movie/tv/blah blah blah, yada yada, yada i think it's going to happen. not for a very long time, but it will.

We all agree how great YTLM is, and how it will be a huge hit on the big/little screen. Absolutely no denying that.

:golfclap::acclaim::golfclap:

:golfclap::acclaim::golfclap:

I haven't read Saga yet, but I've thumbed through all the books cause the characters are cool and will make the jump to the silver screen and only get better ( 3D ? A no brainer) the chick with no legs is cute :blush:

I think vaughan will reveal that prince robot IV is gay. Between the scene with him not having much interest in having sex with his wife, to the almost subliminal homosexual images that flash across his screen occasionally, its seems pretty clear to me. Vaughan is trying to contrast the themes of love and duty. Alana and marko go against everything their cultures have told them for generations and follow love alone. While prince robot is married to a woman that he has no attraction to purely because of societal duty. He's in a position of power, and would do anything to keep that power, even if it means living a lie. (Not to get into politics here, but it seems to me like vaughans critique of all the closeted gay senators, televangelists, and CEO's that have littered the news over the past several years. People not feeling like they can be themselves due to society's expectations, people who would rather live a lie than lose a position of power.)

I think vaughan will reveal that prince robot IV is gay. Between the scene with him not having much interest in having sex with his wife, to the almost subliminal homosexual images that flash across his screen occasionally, its seems pretty clear to me. Vaughan is trying to contrast the themes of love and duty. Alana and marko go against everything their cultures have told them for generations and follow love alone. While prince robot is married to a woman that he has no attraction to purely because of societal duty. He's in a position of power, and would do anything to keep that power, even if it means living a lie. (Not to get into politics here, but it seems to me like vaughans critique of all the closeted gay senators, televangelists, and CEO's that have littered the news over the past several years. People not feeling like they can be themselves due to society's expectations, people who would rather live a lie than lose a position of power.)

hm

This is actually a good take on the situation (thumbs u

^^

Frank was always ahead of his time. :)

All joking aside, love vs. duty is going to be a strong theme that will run throughout this entire series. My prediction, while majorly early and pure speculation, is hazel is going to grow up to be a great leader. (Genetically half of each side of the galactic conflict) that will bring this war to an end. She represents overcoming the generations of hatred symbolically, but also, I think, will grow up to play a major role in ending the conflict thats chased her family all over the galaxy. Just listening to the tone of her narration, she's telling the story of how she was born/raised in the midst of this conflict from some point in the future. She's re-telling her past, Which leads us to the question, who's she telling the story to?

Frank was always ahead of his time. :)

All joking aside, love vs. duty is going to be a strong theme that will run throughout this entire series. My prediction, while majorly early and pure speculation, is hazel is going to grow up to be a great leader. (Genetically half of each side of the galactic conflict) that will bring this war to an end. She represents overcoming the generations of hatred symbolically, but also, I think, will grow up to play a major role in ending the conflict thats chased her family all over the galaxy. Just listening to the tone of her narration, she's telling the story of how she was born/raised in the midst of this conflict from some point in the future. She's re-telling her past, Which leads us to the question, who's she telling the story to?

Kinda reminds me of this guy...

3_Edward_Furlong_John_Connor.jpg

Being chased by this guy...

T1000a3.jpg