• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Embarrassingly, I finally got caught up on Saga yesterday (I was two issues behind). I'm glad that I did. There are a few books out there that have a tighter hold on my interest these days (EoW, MP, Think Tank, and Chew), but yesterday reminded me that Saga is one of those books that I need to keep up with. Now I just need to get caught up on Five Ghosts and Bedlam....

We share the same tastes.

Except I have only read one issue of Chew. I need to get me a run...

Embarrassingly, I finally got caught up on Saga yesterday (I was two issues behind). I'm glad that I did. There are a few books out there that have a tighter hold on my interest these days (EoW, MP, Think Tank, and Chew), but yesterday reminded me that Saga is one of those books that I need to keep up with. Now I just need to get caught up on Five Ghosts and Bedlam....

My 2c :

Saga and Chew both do a terrific job in building a theme or joke.

Chew, and not to knock John Layman, is terrific at building up to a humongous punchline but it just takes a little more than an issue to do so.

For any prospective Chew readers: do NOT stop on issue #1. Many jokes & characters are built up with it all wrapping together towards the end of issue #3. IMO you can fairly pass judgement on Chew after the first three issues.

Maybe that's why we don't hate each other :-)

Maybe that's why we don't hate each other :-)

:luhv:

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Not the Will!

Gwendolyn will come back and magic him back to health. He's too cool of a character to kill off. Or maybe this is me trying to make myself feel better

^^

Just read it. This series is so great. "Is she praying?" :devil: