• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

And I'm STILL jealous of Ryan's complete subsequent print run. I kind of like that more than an RRP... :cool: Some of those are impossible to find!

Agree with you Harvey. I don't think I would trade my subsequent run of #1s including the image firsts for an RRP straight up. That's how tough it was tracking these issues were in 9.8.

you think the RRP's will dip below $400 again?

There was an RRP on Feebay that was listed for like $550 or Best offer for weeks. Not sure what it sold for. Although unlikely, I would not be surprised if blue labels dip to $400 especially during the hiatus. Living on a prayer here.

That's the one I was going to buy! lol

A few months back, the same seller had it listed one ebay for like $600. I emailed him to see if he'd sell for $500 off ebay. He said sure and was giving me time to pay. But then when I finally was going to pay, he said he wanted to keep it.

Fast forward a month or so after - he put it back up for sale. Then when he lowered the price, I offered to buy it again. I think again when the money was staring him in the face he :ohnoez: . He wrote me saying he's really not crazy and just loves the book and doesn't want to sell it again. He's a nice guy and I can understand his anxiety of selling it. I didn't want to sell my Sagas! :cry:

Here's my only concern. I few months back I was close to grabbing one for around $500. Then I heard from some sources that the print run was no where near 500 and actually much higher. So I hesitated and the seller told me that he actually wanted to hold onto his copy so it was fine.

Has anyone heard DEFINITIVELY what the print run was?

And if any came near $400, I'd still pick one up. Saga is definitely my favorite series. :cloud9:

And I'm STILL jealous of Ryan's complete subsequent print run. I kind of like that more than an RRP... :cool: Some of those are impossible to find!

This all falls under the DORK category that we were discussing through PM.

Here's my only concern. I few months back I was close to grabbing one for around $500. Then I heard from some sources that the print run was no where near 500 and actually much higher. So I hesitated and the seller told me that he actually wanted to hold onto his copy so it was fine.

And if any came near $400, I'd still pick one up. Saga is definitely my favorite series. :cloud9:

I've certainly never heard anything other than a 500 print run and I've been following the RRP since release.

I'm not sure there's any 'definitive' information publically available, but the fact that there are only 196 on the census (including at least 20 copies that were cracked and resubbed for double-SS) seems to back that number up.

Doesn't some dude on these boards own like 30-40 himself?

Doesn't mean I don't think there are 500, but I've seen quite a few at shows, and all the people that own them on these boards, etc. Maybe a good number just tend to circulate through hands often.

This all falls under the DORK category that we were discussing through PM.

:acclaim:

I don't know. I think Ryan has me convinced I'm more of a Geek than a Dork... hm Definitely not a Nerd.

Doesn't mean I don't think there are 500, but I've seen quite a few at shows, and all the people that own them on these boards, etc. Maybe a good number just tend to circulate through hands often.

lol yeah because he's one of 3 people that bought EVERY single copy on ebay for a good 3-4 months after C2E2 when everybody who got a free copy was dumping.

Full disclosure: I was one of those 3 people, but don't have any copies left.

lol yeah because he's one of 3 people that bought EVERY single copy on ebay for a good 3-4 months after C2E2 when everybody who got a free copy was dumping.

You sold me my Saga #1. :foryou:

You sold me my Saga #1. :foryou:

(thumbs u

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6413916Post6413916

I think thats the picture you are thinking of....

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6413916Post6413916

I think thats the picture you are thinking of....

Right-o! (thumbs u

I just started reading Saga, I have the first two trades, and having just finished the first one, I can say - I like it!

Should I ask questions here, now, or should I read all 800+ pages of this thread?

:D

-slym

:applause:

I'm re-reading the 2nd trade right now. Picking up on some things either don't remember or never noticed.

Still one of if not the best comics out right now.