• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Interesting statement from BKV in a recent interview with cbr about a tv adaptation. Never say never.

Fiona and I get option offers all the time, but I don't think the technology or financial model exists yet to realistically make "Saga" work as either a television series or a feature. I'm certainly open to being proven wrong though, especially if Paul Thomas Anderson is looking to adapt a pervy space fantasy for his next project. For now, I like comics way more than film and TV, so I'm happy for "Saga" to remain nothing but a lowly funny book.

The full article is here . Note there are tons of spoilers if you aren't caught up.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50441

Edited by jreezy

Interesting statement from BKV in a recent interview with cbr about a tv adaptation. Never say never.

Fiona and I get option offers all the time, but I don't think the technology or financial model exists yet to realistically make "Saga" work as either a television series or a feature. I'm certainly open to being proven wrong though, especially if Paul Thomas Anderson is looking to adapt a pervy space fantasy for his next project. For now, I like comics way more than film and TV, so I'm happy for "Saga" to remain nothing but a lowly funny book.

The full article is here . Note there are tons of spoilers if you aren't caught up.

PTA. Great director. :headbang:

PTA. Great director. :headbang:

+1

Kinda regretting selling my RRP... I love this series!

I'm sure you can find a RRP during the hiatus. Although, they are now less frequently hitting Feebay.

I'm just waiting for 9.8s to drop below $400 and I will be hoarding these babies. lol

Here's my only concern. I few months back I was close to grabbing one for around $500. Then I heard from some sources that the print run was no where near 500 and actually much higher. So I hesitated and the seller told me that he actually wanted to hold onto his copy so it was fine.

Has anyone heard DEFINITIVELY what the print run was?

And if any came near $400, I'd still pick one up. Saga is definitely my favorite series. :cloud9:

And I'm STILL jealous of Ryan's complete subsequent print run. I kind of like that more than an RRP... :cool: Some of those are impossible to find!

So here are some interesting quotes from an interview with Vaughan here http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50441

"I don't want to say anything about #18 yet, but the six issues after it are going to be very, very different from anything that's come before. It's a story about money, among other subjects that terrify new parents."

" We're already hard at work on #19, and it's a doozy. You're either going to think it was totally worth the wait or cancel your pull-list subscription on impact."

"Fiona and I get option offers all the time, but I don't think the technology or financial model exists yet to realistically make "Saga" work as either a television series or a feature. I'm certainly open to being proven wrong though, especially if Paul Thomas Anderson is looking to adapt a pervy space fantasy for his next project. For now, I like comics way more than film and TV, so I'm happy for "Saga" to remain nothing but a lowly funny book."

you think the RRP's will dip below $400 again?

There was an RRP on Feebay that was listed for like $550 or Best offer for weeks. Not sure what it sold for. Although unlikely, I would not be surprised if blue labels dip to $400 especially during the hiatus. Living on a prayer here.