• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Thank you!

Best Writer

Best Artist

Best Color

Best New Series

Best Continuing/Limited series

Best Single Issue (#1)

WOW

Edited by Hodor

That is great ! One thing that really stood out to me on that list is that Klaus Janson was the best inker. He was considered by many the best inker 3 decades ago. The more things change...

Edited by The Authority

Just to give you an idea of how niche this book is: I tried to sell/trade my Saga 1 SS all day at Baltimore today. Without even looking, most dealers weren't interested. One guy was willing to trade, but he didn't have anything I wanted unfortunately.

Were people looking for the RRP?

Just to give you an idea of how niche this book is: I tried to sell/trade my Saga 1 SS all day at Baltimore today. Without even looking, most dealers weren't interested. One guy was willing to trade, but he didn't have anything I wanted unfortunately.

That is a good point: not one of them even bothered to ask me if it was an RRP.

I didn't see a single booth selling any issues either. I saw a few modern East of Wests for like $15 or so. No one was interested in my copy of the first one of the those either.

I didn't see a single booth selling any issues either. I saw a few modern East of Wests for like $15 or so. No one was interested in my copy of the first one of the those either.

So are these dealer only carry the books from big two, or only would buy or trade GA, SA books? Maybe, it's better off for you to sell it on here or Ebay. I was there on Saturday, it was just way too many people at the show. After going through a few publisher's booth and artist alley, and forever wait at CGC, I was so beat. I just gave up and even bother to check out every dealer.

So are these dealer only carry the books from big two, or only would buy or trade GA, SA books? Maybe, it's better off for you to sell it on here or Ebay. I was there on Saturday, it was just way too many people at the show. After going through a few publisher's booth and artist alley, and forever wait at CGC, I was so beat. I just gave up and even bother to check out every dealer.

I've tried to sell it here about 4 different times over the last 4 or 5 months. I didn't have any takers. I did have some trade offers, but they just didn't fit what I was looking for.

I tried to check with dealers who had modern stuff on their walls. If they had only silver or bronze I didn't bother even asking. I think that amounted to about 5 dealers in total.

Personally, I love the book and don't mind holding on to it. It just is out of place in my collection of Spider-Man books and I wouldn't mind flipping it for silver Spideys.

I went to the con with a very limited budget. I attempted to dig through dollar bins but just found total drek in them. I'm at a tough point in my collection because I'm looking for very specific things.

I really searched for a run of Gotham Central. I'd love to own those books as I've heard it is a great read.

There is the most likely answer then. Since you are willing to hold onto it you are pricing it out of the market and are rather picky with trades. It's not so much being niche as being an unmotivated seller. (thumbs u

There is the most likely answer then. Since you are willing to hold onto it you are pricing it out of the market and are rather picky with trades. It's not so much being niche as being an unmotivated seller. (thumbs u

I don't agree. I'd priced it about $40 below recent eBay auctions. I even included a link to said auctions. It might have been steep for a dealer though. That I could see. For the boards? I thought it was a good deal.

Oh and I'd add: A lot of them didn't even ask a price. I believe I spoke with 5 dealers. One didn't have his partner who was in charge of CGC books. One was up for trading but my price was too high. We discussed a trade but he only had one book I wanted that was way below the value. The other 3 were not interested outright. I never even gave them a figure or showed them the book. One of the 3 had a raw Invincible that I was clearly going to try to flip it in to and they wouldn't even discuss it. They had the Invincible priced at $125.

So you can say what you want, but right now this book is a niche book, IMO. In a year or two I could see it changing, but as of right now I'm not sure I'd invest in regular 9.8s of issue 1. Like someone just bought 8 copies of issue 1 over in the marketplace. That money, again IMO, could have been better spent on an RRP which seems to be dropping in value now. I'd imagine it will spike again.

Edited by Chris S.

I read this article showing Saga 13 sales production at 62,000, East of West at 41,000, and TWD at 76,000.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/16/saga-13-sells-out-62000-print-run-walking-dead-113-of-76000-and-east-of-west-5-of-41000-jonathan-hickman-tells-us-why/

I check comichron today and they have Saga at 55,372, East of West at 36,345, and TWD at 70,273. Who is right ?

Edited by The Authority