• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why would you sign a Black cover with Black ink?

50 posts in this topic

If I ever have the chance to get Barry Windsor Smith to sign my Solar 10, I will ask him to sign it in black. It just fits with that particular story like the all black cover.

Ask and you shall receive

face4f9f.jpg

91baf885.jpg

janet jackson?!

There are situations where the creator may not take specific requests for pen color, for instance a couple of years ago at a show Jim Starlin said he wouldn't use a silver pen(I don't know if that has changed).

A quick addendum to this...Jim Starlin is actually allergic to something in silver pens and markers. There's a good chance he'd have a bad reaction if he used them.

he's allergic to the chemical on the silver pen or the silver itself??

what would he use to eat with, since all sppon, forks, knife and everything in between has silve on it??? chop stick maybe?? on a soup??

i don't think silver pens contain actual silver... :insane:

If I ever have the chance to get Barry Windsor Smith to sign my Solar 10, I will ask him to sign it in black. It just fits with that particular story like the all black cover.

Ask and you shall receive

face4f9f.jpg

91baf885.jpg

That is too cool Brian (thumbs u Thank you for sharing it.

It is a shame that BWS is no longer signing comics. I remain optimistic that will change one day :wishluck: