• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New FF preview

33 posts in this topic

My lord, that art is horrendous, and the writing isn't much better. Oooooh, watch out for Salamandra and her Internet 'ho daughter. 893frustrated.gif

I've also read some pretty good Modern TPB drek, but this crapola is one reason I'm glad I'm not a current pamphlet reader.

My lord, that art is horrendous, and the writing isn't much better. Oooooh, watch out for Salamandra and her Internet 'ho daughter. 893frustrated.gif

I've also read some pretty good Modern TPB drek, but this crapola is one reason I'm glad I'm not a current pamphlet reader.

27_laughing.gif

Of course you don't like it. You don't like anything. That's OK.

OK... so I'm desperate to pick up the FF again (the last time I picked it up regularly was #200).

Marvel needs to be encouraged when they go in a better direction. Not sure that I'm going to buy this (will likely wait to see what 515 is like), but I do like it better than Weiringo's art.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

OK... so I'm desperate to pick up the FF again (the last time I picked it up regularly was #200).

Marvel needs to be encouraged when they go in a better direction. Not sure that I'm going to buy this (will likely wait to see what 515 is like), but I do like it better than Weiringo's art.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

The regular FF book is, in my opinion, the worst of the three FF books coming out now. 4 is, very surprisingly, really good. Ultimate FF is pretty good, but they're running into the same [!@#%^&^] that all of the Ultimate line has - the books are written for the inevitable graphic novel. Wait about 8 months and buy the graphic novel from Lighthouse.

I think the main FF book has just gone downhill in a hurry since FF 510, which was spectacular. The whole "God is Kirby" thing was dreadful, and the two part Torch-Spidey story was an abomination.

You think that art and story are excellent? If so...... 27_laughing.gif

No, as I mentioned above, I think it is weak, clearly the worst of the three main FF titles. I can't stand the manga-ish art that appears to be all the rage now, and I think Waid, after writing an outstanding storyline upto FF 510, wrote himself into a corner and has turned out several issues of dreck.

That being said, of course you don't like it. You don't like anything. That's OK.

Speaking of FF, anyone notice that the new issue is being solicited in Previews with a $2.99 price tag...YIKES! That is a crazy /insane.gif price jump of $2.25 to $2.99.

I started picking this book up with the Prologue issue to the Unthinkable storyline, but now I am going to drop the book in favor of picking the the trades.

Kirby, Buscema, Perez, etc are all giants and coupled with Byrne I probably just named my top 4 favorites of all-time. I was refering to when I was a 10-year old kid and Byrne, Sinnott and Perez were pumping out the latest modern stuff. Its llike whoever does the art for one of the Spider-man series today (so many I forgot which one), Spidey looks like a wirey punk kid and his eyes are drawn so big it just makes him look stupid. Put a Buscema or Romita issue beside a piece of todays art work and (sadly) it magnifies how lacking todays work is. Where are the Buscema's and Bryne's of today?

Walt Simenson did a good stint on the FF and also Thor .

I agree with the assertion made earlier that Fantastic Four was weaker than Ultimate FF or Marvel Knights 4 right now.

I'd have to agree to. I pulled back on buying the current issue of FF. The first issue with Spidey was fun, but I just didn't have the urge to purchase the current issue, 2nd in the storyline. The art in "4" is appealing but I've yet to buy any of the issues, partly cause of its cover price. Ultimate FF is the only one I regularly buy so far, but the last issue with the Mole Man left me a little underwhelmed.

All 3 FF titles kinda make me want to journey back to back issue land.