• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM question. How are you guys resizing pics to get under 200000 bytes

10 posts in this topic

I would set the resolution to 150. That is pretty much the dpi. I'm not at home or I would just check my scanner settings for you...

oh, the scanner res. hmmm, I'll have to check into that. We were just scanning and then going to resize in the photoshop program. Im not sure my scanner will even let me change the scan resolution, I'll have to check. Anybody else with info, please let me know. thanks

ok I scanned at 100 dpi (my scanner doesnt have an option for 150. within that range you get either 100 or 200), scanned/saved as jpeg. Result: file to big for this board must be under 200000 bytes.

nope no matter what I do it wont take a pic, even when I reduce down to almost nothing and reduce mb to almost nothing its still giving me an error stating files must be under 200000 bytes. whats even odder is one minute it will take the file and then later it wont take the file even though Ive changed nothing about the file. makes no sense but yet everyone else on here can successfully post their books.

Im using a photoshop style program to resize but theres no option for dpi. it lists pixel size: height and width. resolution and then print size width height. along with resampling at: by percentage, or by absolute size and with a box for maintain aspect ratio.

When saving the .jpg in Photoshop, a "JPEG options" window pops up. In the "Image Options" section, click on the drop window and choose either "low" or "med".

This should reduce your file size and get you to the range you're looking for.