• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GREEN LANTERN 1 CGC 9.0 ON COMICLINK!!!!

16 posts in this topic

theres a stash of some beautiful hi grade golden age just listed on comiclink, incl the highest graded golden age GL 1, asking $50k!!

to think some silver age keys are commanding more than a golden age key like GL 1- how times have changed!!

I agree with Dr. D. An FF1 9.2 would sell more tham 50k. Keep in mind that is the third highest graded FF1. this GL 1 is the highest graded. The highest graded key silvers(even X-men1) are selling for multiples of 50k.

What 9.0 SA book is going for $50K?!

I'll bet that one of the AF#15s in 9.0 (one is the Curator copy) would go for $50K. They both sold for north of $35K a couple of years ago.

none that ive seen but i didnt mean only 9.0 silver keys as compared to 9.0 golden age keys

still, i think if someone had a ff 1 in 9.0 and asked $50k they may well get it or very close to it at this time

I asked the question because I think you have to compare apples to apples. Comparing a 9.0 GA book to a 9.2 or 9.4 SA book would be apples and oranges.

I'd be amazed if a 9.0 FF 1 would break $50K. Wasn't the 9.4 copy that JP had on eBay recently struggling to break $100K? If a 9.0 would go for $50K and a 9.4 would only go for barely double the 9.0 price, something's out of whack.

What 9.0 SA book is going for $50K?!

I'll bet that one of the AF#15s in 9.0 (one is the Curator copy) would go for $50K. They both sold for north of $35K a couple of years ago.

If a 9.0 AF 15 would be for $50K, then the 9.4 copy that recently sold for $125K would be a relative bargain!

maybe, but it woukld be the 9.4 pulling up the 9.0 price, not the 9.0 pushing the 9.4 higher. Though, in reality, each successive sale legitimizes the last one and pushes the next one higher.

As crazy as it sounds, I think the 9.4 buyer is gonna be okay as long as he doesnt try to flip it. One of the best copies of one of the best comics. period.

Why are there no bids yet on this comic?

heres three quick guesses:

its only been up for awhile

there are a few 9.0s I think (w/o looking it up) and the last one sold for only 30K in Heritage (again, I think)

and Comiclink is mainly a serious Marvel market.

it's ONLY a 9.0!!

tim

i see where youre coming from comparing silver 9.0 keys to golden 9.0 keys but there was a time in this hobby- prob the last time was in the late 80's- when a silver age key selling for more than a golden age key in "high grade" was considered by many to be unheard of

Ben, I hear what you're saying, and on one level, I agree with you. However, I believe this is one of the interesting side effects of CGC, where there are much more precise measurements of NM-ness, and there are more SA books appearing in higher grades such as 9.4, 9.6, etc., and thus commanding higher multiples. Conversely, it has confirmed how rare GA books are in similar grade, and the thing is that even if someone is sure that a 9.0 of a particular GA book might be highest in existence, they're going to try their darndest to buy it at a price more appropriate for a 9.0 book. I bet if the GL 1 on Comiclink was in 9.4, it'd be at a price higher than any 9.4 SA book. Of course, I could be really wrong, as evidenced by Mark Wilson's snagging the 9.4 Human Torch #1 at Heritage recently at what seemed like a truly bargain price.