• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman Vengance of Bane #1

11 posts in this topic

Hey all.... real quick i picked up this beauty pretty cheap and am very overall happy with it... Never read it or owned it when it came out ... ( Love batman and the who knightfall series was great and him breaking his back !! ) anyway i would love a second opinion... I sent this to CGC and from when i looked at i think it's a very good case for a 9.9 ... but again after i scan it and carefully look at it ... i notice what i guess appears to be a page crease in the upper left corner ... im guessing where the pages fold when reading it ( if that made sense ) But if im not mistaken , isnt there like a ridge in that area down the whole cover near the spine ?? Other then that, the colors are great, no spots, inks , corners are perfect and sharp... So im guessing this will come back a 9.8 ... and i really hope not a 9.6 . Thanks again all

BatmanVengeanceofBane1FrontScan.jpg[/img]

BatmanVegeanceofBane1BackScan.jpg[/img]

BatmanVengeanceofBane1FrontScan_zoomed.jpg[/img]

My guess is the corner crease keeps the book below a 9.8. I don't honestly know the difference between a 9.8 and 9.9. Usually a 9.8 looks flawless to me.

Is there a small ding in the lower left corner? I see a little white dot but can't make it out clearly.

there is a chance the book can get a 9.8. If the book is not worthy to slab as a 9.6, I would say save it for a bigger batch and sub it as a pre-screen 9.8

I do that all the time...at the worse it will cost you only $5 to get a reject instead of spending more on slabbing.

Wow ... i finally got the book graded ( just got posted on the site 04/17/2012) ... and im just stunned... a 9.4, what really impacted that much.. really that white dot ... or the area at the top i mentioned !!! Wow that just blew me away... i dont see how it got that... oh well... very depressing

I feel your pain. I submitted my own Vengeance of Bane #1 two months ago. It was as close to flawless as I've ever seen (no creases, razor-sharp corners...), and I thought the same as you... my book is a 9.8 with a shot at 9.9. Received it last month... got a 9.6. (shrug) Still not sure if there is something I missed or if they are just way tough on this book somehow.

I hear you PointFive... It's very DISAPPOINTING !! lol. I really thought the same and a few people that looked at it on here even said 9.6, 9.8. Im waiting to actually get it and call back with the CERT # and hear about why and what notes they have if any... I REALLY need to study grading and look what makes 9.4 - 9.8 so hard. Thanks for the reply and congrats on the 9.6 , better then a 9.4 .. lol