• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #205

8 posts in this topic

I liked issue #204 so I figured, "what the heck?", and picked up #205. More mystery and intrigue. I am really enjoying this story (and I'm not a Supes fan). Lee's art is amazing, and I like the way Azzerello is using the flash-backs. Also, it seems this story is taking a sort of "Miracleman" take on the Man of Steel (maybe that's why I'm enjoying it so much). Much more interesting than Superman, the Boy Scout. I'll be picking up #206.

What are you guys thinking? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i have never been a superman fan, though i gave it a try when my man Byrne took the helm in the 80's, but i picked up #203 and #204 and enjoyed them. i must say i really liked the recent issue of Superman/Batman. there is some very good dialogue between them. i'm surprised but as my comic dealer pointed out, marvel used to have the great comics and dc sucked, but now it seems marvel is sucking and dc's quality is improving. we shall see.

i still think the Vision could take Superman.

guys...Im finding this series really slow and talky..and I dont get the cadences of their conversations.. And Lee is a great artist, but dont the inks look, I dunno, rushed or sketchy? especially compared to HUSH?

guys...Im finding this series really slow and talky..and I dont get the cadences of their conversations.. And Lee is a great artist, but dont the inks look, I dunno, rushed or sketchy? especially compared to HUSH?

Lee is just the penciler. Scott Williams is the inker.

Lee is just the penciler. Scott Williams is the inker.

thats what Im saying... the inking is obliterating Lees pencils too much! choosing the wrong lines, etc not a good match. Like Coletta vs Sinnott over Kirby.

i still think the Vision could take Superman.

Isnt Vision still a robot? Superman would just melt him with heat vsion, or short him out, unless he's made of kryptonite... (am I really saying all this with a straight face????)