• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone found climate controlled storage for comics yet?

4 posts in this topic

For those of you with Mile High's, ashcans, or other rare and valuable comics....has anyone found storage space you can rent and control the climate yourself? Not only secure the comics under lock & key, but set the temp around 60 F and the relative humidity around 40% ? I don't think anything like this is available yet...

For those of you with Mile High's, ashcans, or other rare and valuable comics....has anyone found storage space you can rent and control the climate yourself? Not only secure the comics under lock & key, but set the temp around 60 F and the relative humidity around 40% ? I don't think anything like this is available yet...

I have a finished basement that has a pretty constant temperature and humidity year round which works pretty good.

I have a finished basement that has a pretty constant temperature and humidity year round which works pretty good.

Wow, a basement in California! I assume your location is correct. That is unusual; I was just asking one of the guys at work who also grew up back East why they don't build basements in California. I have a fairly large basement for California (5' by 20' with actual steps going down) but half of it is taken up by the furnace and the other half is just storage. I wouldn't consider it suitable for storage of collectibles.

Wow, a basement in California! I assume your location is correct. That is unusual; I was just asking one of the guys at work who also grew up back East why they don't build basements in California. I have a fairly large basement for California (5' by 20' with actual steps going down) but half of it is taken up by the furnace and the other half is just storage. I wouldn't consider it suitable for storage of collectibles.

I still haven't updated my address, I am now in beautiful Boulder, CO. Yes, basements are rare beast in CA. Our neighbors had one, but just because they added it when the did an addition. We rented a place when we first moved to the Bay that had a similar basement but we didn't use it because it was open to the entire underneath of the house which wasn't sealed right tight and animals could get in.