• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why isn't Secret Wars 8 worth more?

63 posts in this topic

The only reason it's worth anything at this point is due to the Venom ret-con.

If not for Venom, at this point, the black costume would be nothing more than a footnote in Spidey's history.

ASM#252 was the first appearance, so that might still hold some minor significance without Venom. The rest of the books are only worth more than cover due to Venom.

From what I remember, there is one page in the entire book where spidey finds a black costume. I don't recall much about an origin. (shrug)

He found a strange black ball, picked it up and it started morphing and covering his body as if it were alive.

From what I remember, there is one page in the entire book where spidey finds a black costume. I don't recall much about an origin. (shrug)

He found a strange black ball, picked it up and it started morphing and covering his body as if it were alive.

If there is anything I have learned in my life it's to stay away from strange, black balls :eek:

...not exactly.

One of the most significant alterations to Spider-Man's costume takes place during the Secret Wars crossover event, in which Spider-Man begins to wear a black costume. After ruining his red and blue one in battle on Battleworld, the Hulk tells Spider-Man about a machine operated simply by thinking of what kind of suit, weapon or equipment someone needs. When Spider-Man thought of a new costume, the machine gave him a black sphere. When he touched it, Spider-Man found himself covered in a new black costume.

...not exactly.

One of the most significant alterations to Spider-Man's costume takes place during the Secret Wars crossover event, in which Spider-Man begins to wear a black costume. After ruining his red and blue one in battle on Battleworld, the Hulk tells Spider-Man about a machine operated simply by thinking of what kind of suit, weapon or equipment someone needs. When Spider-Man thought of a new costume, the machine gave him a black sphere. When he touched it, Spider-Man found himself covered in a new black costume.

sphere... ball... I didn't recall the details but that's basically it.

...not exactly.

No. that's not how I remember it at all..... hm

I'm kidding of course, But there wasn't any mention of it being a symbiote at all.

Just that the machine created a suit that wrapped around him. It was all done in

one page and you never see him again for the rest of the book. I gave my copy

away so please correct me if my memory failed me.

How is that an origin?