• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you keep track of your collection?

67 posts in this topic

Quick question for those of you that use the COLLECTORZ software. Is there a way to note whether a comic book is raw or graded? Can you add the CGC information such as grade and/or graders notes?

Yes, you can add anything to the title of the book. If it's a graded book, I add "CGC 9.6", etc, to the "issue ext" field.

Also, I have a separate database for raw and graded books.

Ah, that's a great idea...separate databases. Thanks!

Question to those that use the Collectorz software. Can you add actual scans of your book to each entry if you like? Does the program allow you to scan the barcode off of CGC labels and enter that information as well?

Thanks.

Yes, you can add actual scans of your own book.

No, the program has no way to scan CGC labels. However, the program does automatically download a lot of the info that would most likely be on the CGC label.

Quick question for those of you that use the COLLECTORZ software. Is there a way to note whether a comic book is raw or graded? Can you add the CGC information such as grade and/or graders notes?

For CGC books I list it is "CGC COMIC" under FORMAT (raw books are just listed as "COMIC BOOK" under FORMAT)

And under the personal details it is listed with the CGC grade and corresponding description under CONDITION

th_collectorz-cgc.jpg

Sure can; you can add the grade (they refer it as "condition") in the "Personal" tab of the comic you're putting into your database:

Collectorz-personaltab.png

I add the numeric equivalent (x.x) of the grade as well. You could add graders notes; by pic or text. if you decide to scan and place a pic of the graders notes, you would have to sacrifice either the front or back cover uploads.

For CGC books I list it is "CGC COMIC" under FORMAT (raw books are just listed as "COMIC BOOK" under FORMAT)

And under the personal details it is listed with the CGC grade and corresponding description under CONDITION

th_collectorz-cgc.jpg

And if you go to TOOLS > EDIT LISTS > PERSONAL > CONDITION

You can see all of the grades you have entered into your version of COLLECTORZ and edit them to suit your needs.

th_collectorz-cgc02.jpg

And I had been putting in the grades the "hard way"... doh!

Thanx for the info, M_N_S_N... (thumbs u