• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrightson graveyard plate for sale/trade

1 post in this topic

Hi all:

I recently purchased a house and have been putting some major work - and money - into it. Unfortunately, that means having to part with some incredible art, including this published Cycle of the Werewolf November (graveyard) plate:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=616972&GSub=113286

IMHO, it's pretty close to a Frankenstein plate in terms of the subject matter and the delicate, Booth-esque linework.

I'm asking a reasonable price: I'll be taking offers over $8.5K in cash or partial trade through 6 p.m. Pacific on Tuesday, 3/6/12. The best offer at that point, whether in cash or partial trade, gets the plate. In light of the fact that I'm trying to raise more house-fixin' money, an all-cash deal is preferred (time payments may be available) - but a tempting partial trade certainly works fine too.

I will respond to and consider all reasonable offers, so if you want to make one, please do : )

Thanks,

Steve Staszower

bevhillbilly@yahoo.com

PS- My updated wantlist is:

Wrightson

Any art containing images of the EC horror hosts, or done in the EC style, such as the splash to "Conjure Woman"; Warren art (especially Uncle Creepy or Poe-related pieces); early-70's to late-80's art containing tombstones and/or zombies or other rotting undead; unfinished Frankenstein plates; rough (pencil) and final (inked) pages from Swamp Thing 2, 7 and 10 (especially the graveyard scene).

Ingels EC art

Practically any EC art other than western art. Particularly looking for EC horror and suspense pages - especially certain Old Witch splashes, "old, dark house" pages, and pages with rotting undead!!!

EC horror/suspense pages

Feldstein, Kamen, Davis, Craig. Especially looking for finale pages or other pages with original images of any of the three Ghoulunatics.

Wally Wood

EC sci-fi pages (espec. w/ glass and metal, such as rocket interior and/or exterior); early Mad pages; Spirit in Space page w/ bubble helmets (and preferably craftint moonscape).

Jack Davis

Mad art from the 50's and from the late 70's through mid-80's; Slim Jim monster advertising art.