• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did I miss it?

16 posts in this topic

We were told a couple weeks ago that we would be updated on the issue Gorgo had with cgc. Did I miss that update in the mass of posts? or has the issue not been readdressed? I am curious to find out what was really going on there. Gorgo claimed he was being prohibited from further submissions to cgc, and a rep of cgc (Was it Steve Borock?) stated that this was an incorrect interpretaion or something like that. The cgc rep said that we would be updated soon by either them or Gorgo. If I missed it could someone fill me in, and if it has not been addressed again since then could someone from cgc please comment?

Phil

Gorgo has been swamped at his work (Mr. Deisel), however, thanks for asking Phil, there has been no resolution to the issue yet. I'll keep you posted, as I haven't been in contact yet with CGC staff. I'm hoping we resolve this soon. Thanks.

Thanks for the great deal on all those books Gorgo & nice to meet you in person. With your kind of presence, I'm suprised CGC hasn't accomodated your request. Any other type of business would be more than compensating you for your troubles! Good luck & thanks!

I think the weight of words from people he doesn't know would have far less effect then those of someone he knows who's had problems with them.. I'd also like to adapt a wait-and-see attitude with this situation.

Brian

gorgo,

please let me know personally what becomes of this, i for one feel raped to by the grades CGC has given my late silver/bronze books. as the saying goes for the graders at CGC "lay off the pipe" blush.gifshocked.gifwink.giftongue.gifgrin.gif

pimpy

Personally, I think a lot of the grades on Gorgo's books he posted were pretty on.. I didn't get a really good chance to look at your books, supa, but I'd guess they probably weren't really that off either.. you should call for the grader's notes.

Brian

Darth Diesel, I understand this, and I've seen a few posts supporting your point in the little time I've been reviewing & posting on these forums. Rest assured, I'm trying to do my homework on this topic. From my discussion with Gorgo, he's a very direct yet intelligible type that didn't once in our conversation make any negative statement whatsoever about CGC, in fact, he spoke highly of them & very much emphasized what could best be described as a strong desire for CGC to open up/vastly improve to their full potential in the hobby, which made perfect sense to me. Sounds like something that will open up a whole new market of possible customers like myself who are still on the fence. I saw this phenomenon in play with baseball cards and coins years ago and the result this trend imposed on the average (tight budget) collector was a good benchmark to observe and give me insight into this comic book/paper collectible market. I'll also be waiting with baited breath on this one.