• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone here own the Deluxe Edition Marvel Gerber Photo-Journal?

31 posts in this topic

The reason I ask is that I haven't seen one, but I can get them to list on my eBay store... and I know very little about them.

It's one volume instead of two. It's leather-bound? Retail is $129.95. And it includes 16(?) pages of extra material not found in the other volumes (pages D1-D16) focused on pre-Hero Marvel titles?

Anybody here own one? I'd be curious to know what is on the cover, and whether the info I have above is correct... If you could give me a quick idea of what titles are in the bonus material that would be great.

Thanks!

'House

The TPB King

frown.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

BTW, you would not believe how many of the regular Gerbers Diamond still has in stock... foreheadslap.gif I put in an order for 100,000 of them today just to see how many were sitting in the warehouse and was stunned at how many they had... There is a very good reason they have never sold out of them...

BTW, you would not believe how many of the regular Gerbers Diamond still has in stock... foreheadslap.gif I put in an order for 100,000 of them today just to see how many were sitting in the warehouse and was stunned at how many they had... There is a very good reason they have never sold out of them...

I recently bought my first set of the regular Gerbers and noticed that the

dust jacket on both books seems to be "semi-melted", as if the books had

gotten too hot at some point in the past. Has anyone else noticed this?

(Are the warehouses improperly ventilated?) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey, if this has some cool extra stuff, can I cancel the regular Marvel Gerbers I bought from you and get this from you instead? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The reason I ask is that I haven't seen one, but I can get them to list on my eBay store... and I know very little about them.

It's one volume instead of two. It's leather-bound? Retail is $129.95. And it includes 16(?) pages of extra material not found in the other volumes (pages D1-D16) focused on pre-Hero Marvel titles?

Anybody here own one? I'd be curious to know what is on the cover, and whether the info I have above is correct... If you could give me a quick idea of what titles are in the bonus material that would be great.

Thanks!

'House

The TPB King

Contrary to popular belief I do not leave all my outbound packages marinating on a table for two months before shipping them out... (just the ones for Khaos... and Lantern... and Chromium... and Greggy... and deathlok... and...)

Your box is already on the way, and should be there Tuesday... thumbsup2.gif

But you are welcome to order the Deluxe Edition and give your regulars to someone as a gift. cloud9.gif

Hey, if this has some cool extra stuff, can I cancel the regular Marvel Gerbers I bought from you and get this from you instead? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks!

'House

The TPB King

To answer your other question, yes it does have a section of titles that are pre-hero. And yes, they are pages D1-D16.

A quick glance shows the titles to be:

Tales of Suspense 1-18

Tales to Astonish 1-19

Journey Into Mystery 1-68

Adventures Into Mystery 1-9

Adventures Into Terror 1-31

Black Knight 1-5

Marvel Tales 93-159

Menace 1-11

Mystic 1-61

Mystery Tales 1-54

Mystical Tales 1-8

Strange Tales 1-85

Hope this helps.

thumbsup2.gif

How long do you think you can keep the Marvel Gerbers in stock?

The deluxe edition, probably for a few months at least...

The regular editions... well... let's just say Diamond still has more copies than I have posts... by a healthy margin... They have more Marvels than Goldens, but even the Goldens are stocked in huge quantity...

is that for the special leather bound edition?

Yes... the deluxe, single-volume leather-bound edition, with the 16 pages of bonus material...

I won't actually have one in my hands until Tuesday, so I can't confirm the slipcase for certain. But I expect it to be there as well...

The copy I have is signed by Stan Lee. I would assume all the deluxe books are signed by him.

My copy is not signed. frown.gif

The lines where his and Gerbers signatures should be are blank.

Is your copy numbered?

How long do you think you can keep the Marvel Gerbers in stock?

The deluxe edition, probably for a few months at least...

The regular editions... well... let's just say Diamond still has more copies than I have posts... by a healthy margin... They have more Marvels than Goldens, but even the Goldens are stocked in huge quantity...

I heard that there was also a sign limited edition for the Golden Age set. Believe it was limited to something like 900 copies. Any truth to this story and whether you have any of these in your inventory for sale.