• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone here own the Deluxe Edition Marvel Gerber Photo-Journal?

31 posts in this topic

How long do you think you can keep the Marvel Gerbers in stock?

The deluxe edition, probably for a few months at least...

The regular editions... well... let's just say Diamond still has more copies than I have posts... by a healthy margin... They have more Marvels than Goldens, but even the Goldens are stocked in huge quantity...

I heard that there was also a sign limited edition for the Golden Age set. Believe it was limited to something like 900 copies. Any truth to this story and whether you have any of these in your inventory for sale.

I do not have any in stock, and they are not available through any of my normal channels... including my trunk monkey...

Best guess is that they are worth substantially more than the original retail at this point, since I get asked about them at least once a month (four times a month if you count greggy) and I never see them offered anywhere... confused-smiley-013.gif

Predator v. Magnus tpb?

A "King" must earn his crown!! sumo.gif

wink.gif

lol... I'll get to it... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Geez... I've listed like a hundred Archive Editions today... you think that would make somebody happy... foreheadslap.giftongue.gif

How long do you think you can keep the Marvel Gerbers in stock?

The deluxe edition, probably for a few months at least...

The regular editions... well... let's just say Diamond still has more copies than I have posts... by a healthy margin... They have more Marvels than Goldens, but even the Goldens are stocked in huge quantity...

I heard that there was also a sign limited edition for the Golden Age set. Believe it was limited to something like 900 copies. Any truth to this story and whether you have any of these in your inventory for sale.

I do not have any in stock, and they are not available through any of my normal channels... including my trunk monkey...

Best guess is that they are worth substantially more than the original retail at this point, since I get asked about them at least once a month (four times a month if you count greggy) and I never see them offered anywhere... confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes they are definately worth substantially more. Bud Plant is selling one for $611.

Bud Plant link

I recently bought my first set of the regular Gerbers and noticed that the

dust jacket on both books seems to be "semi-melted", as if the books had

gotten too hot at some point in the past. Has anyone else noticed this?

(Are the warehouses improperly ventilated?) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have this problem with the set that I just got as well. Maybe it's something with BudPlant? confused-smiley-013.gif

House, did my Gerber's go ou yet? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I doubt they are sentient enough to question where they are going... and I have no idea why you would think they would do so in French... foreheadslap.gif

But yes, they were shipped out last week. thumbsup2.gif

I have this problem with the set that I just got as well. Maybe it's something with BudPlant? confused-smiley-013.gif

It's true of nearly all of them. I have sold at least 200 Gerbers in the last five years and I think I have only had twenty or thirty with smooth covers. Most of them are covered with short thin bubbles running parallel to the spine... It's true of the ones from Diamond, from Bud Plant and from RTS, so I have to think it happened to most of the print run. confused-smiley-013.gif

It's true of nearly all of them. I have sold at least 200 Gerbers in the last five years and I think I have only had twenty or thirty with smooth covers. Most of them are covered with short thin bubbles running parallel to the spine... It's true of the ones from Diamond, from Bud Plant and from RTS, so I have to think it happened to most of the print run. confused-smiley-013.gif

I've noticed that the dustjacket on my copies have formed bubbles that match the poly bags that I've stored them in. I stacked them flat so I dunno if it has anything to do with them. confused-smiley-013.gif

I got my set when they first came out in the early 90's and they have the smooth covers. The only problem is that the covers are all torn from wear and tear. It's a good thing I had ordered a second set of covers (smooth also) from Gerber which I have in the closet somewhere.

Based upon my covers, I think the problem must have something to do with the storage conditions for the copies that did not originally sell. With all the ones still sitting in stock, how many copies DID Gerber print of these GA sets? confused-smiley-013.gif