• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are News-stand comic books more valuable than Direct editions?

8 posts in this topic

I think they are when it come to condition. Its definitely rarer to find a news-stand comics in the real higher grades than the direct editions.

It is harder to find some newstand copies in high grade, but when it comes to key issues, a lower grade news-stand copy can sell for more than a higher grade direct edition.

I sold a direct edition Amazing Spiderman 36(black Cover) in raw vf-nm condition for $20.

I sold a news-stand copy in raw vg condition for $50.

Depends on the buyer. Some don't care, while some would pay a premium. I guess (when selling) you can hope for two who will pay a premium.

I remember a super-common newsstand book (Spidey 1 or Spawn 1 probably) selling for a lot for a little while.

Newsstands (especially after 2005) have typically been harder in higher grade, simply due to the disappearance of distribution points. I personally spent several recent years acquiring both the direct and newsstand versions of UXM. After issue #500, they are particularly challenging. If i ever sold my copies, i would certainly ask for a premium ...