• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay user: bijoubaby05 -- Has anyone done business with him?

52 posts in this topic

It appears bijoubaby05 is selling undisclosed cracked SA GA comics hm

If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Ebay Item sold for $504.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=110828959187

FLASH COMICS #12

Section: For Sale / Golden, Silver and Bronze Age Comic Books / DC / FLASH COMICS

Price: $371

Publisher: DC

Condition: CGC 6.5 FN+

Page Quality: White Pages

Type of Holder: Restored

Degree Of Restoration: Slight Amateur Restoration

CGC Grading Comments: Restoration includes: small amount of color touch on cover.

RAD9FE32201219_12589.jpg

What alerts me to a possible crack and list from guy's like him is when they can distinguish between a 6.0 / 6.5 / 7.0

Doing the cost calculations, his net is approx. $67.

What alerts me to a possible crack and list from guy's like him is when they can distinguish between a 6.0 / 6.5 / 7.0

Doing the cost calculations, his net is approx. $67.

These guys are career cheats, who (as you've surmised) would rather make a modest dishonest profit than turn their hand to something legitimate and more lucrative. Check General over the last 12 months for a raft of threads regarding this seller.

Unrestrained by an annoying plastic case, this item has been 'restored' to a 6.5 grade! (tsk)

He does disclose that, 'There is a little bit of glue on the spine but it's hard to notice'

ebay listing: CA 53

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3DCaptain%2BAmerica%2BComics%26x%3D12%26y%3D8%26ItemType%3DCB&id=916895

RAD4B3F120111223_125454.jpg

a bottom feeder, the lowest of the low, and he uses GREED as his weapon....folks buying on ebay is worse than going to vegas, unless it is cgc graded, you have to assume the book is restored.....pay the money get it cgc graded and forgetaboutit.

This is something entirely new to me.

I guess the dishonesty in not declaring restoration becomes relevant as long as the book isn’t low-grade, but how do those sellers manage to keep a 100% positive votes profile?

I apologize if I may sound ingenous, but in Italy we do not have professional grading, and it is more or less like a jungle. Besides, we never had just comic books, but very different publishing formats, for which it would be sometimes harder to determine whether there has been some degree of restoration or not.

The higher degree of restoration I allow myself is a little archival tape on Fair or Fair/Good books to prevent them falling apart.

P.S. How do you use emoticons here? I see there are a few in the full reply window but they are quite tiny and not-so-beautiful. :)

They will always take the books back for a full refund if the buyer asks for that. But much of the time the unsuspecting (naive) buyer just keeps a (lower grade than advertised) book they (wrongfully) believe is unrestored.

I always thought robojo and bijoubaby are one and the same person, who had many previous aliases. There is TONS written about them on these boards.

STAY AWAY FROM THEM, NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE DEAL LOOKS - YOU WILL NEVER COME OUT AHEAD!

I guess the dishonesty in not declaring restoration becomes relevant as long as the book isn’t low-grade

I (and all the collectors that I know) believe that known restoration should always be disclosed, though I did have a major dealer tell me once that it didn't matter on low-grade books (so that's why he didn't).

I guess the dishonesty in not declaring restoration becomes relevant as long as the book isn’t low-grade

I (and all the collectors that I know) believe that known restoration should always be disclosed, though I did have a major dealer tell me once that it didn't matter on low-grade books (so that's why he didn't).

That's ridiculous. Resto always matters. Even in low grade books, there could be a major cost difference between resto and non-resto...

Lo and behold, I find a link about how this guy is scum. I bought ahigh grade ASM 2 from him with obvious color touch. This was right when he had an ebay account closed under a different name. I posted on here how he was scum and he emailed me (personal) stating that he gave me a full refund so I shouldn't complain. I see he is still selling high grade raw books on ebay so I want this bumped. And I know he trolls these boards for his name.

Bijou Baby, since I know you will read this. You are a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag.