• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is the Atlanta Comic Con a good show?

7 posts in this topic

are you going to set up or to shop? Its a small to mid size show and I'm estimating drew about 2500-3000 people last year. Its outside of Atlanta in a suburban area so you dont have to fight the traffic in downtown Atlanta like for Dragon Con. Not too many of the larger dealers set up there the first two years. I think Graham Crackers and Sincere Comics and Heroes and Dragons were the biggest ones there last year that I can remember. If you dont live too far its worth checking out for the artist alley alone as because its not too crowded you can get some nice artwork for very reasonable. Comic wise you may get some deals just because its not so crowded and dealers may be more motivated to move some product. As for setting up their rates are fair but I would want to travel very far to do it. My drive is about 4 1/2 hours for it so its worth it for me to go!

nah they leave their tables and go watch the art charity auction I went 2 years ago and Sunday guys were either already packing early or simply left their booths with a helper and watched the auction plus by Sunday any good books priced right are long gone. Hell they are usually gone before the show opens Friday morning. The bigger dealers rip through the room like sharks before they even set their own stuff up buying from mthe small fish so by the time you the customer arrive those books are now on their wall marked up substantially.