• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC ZONE RADIO GUEST SCHEDULE FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH OF JUNE

17 posts in this topic

Comic Zone Booked for June!

Comic Zone's host, Vincent Zurzolo, Jr. has let Scoop know that there will be no Comic Zone radio show on Monday May 31 due to the Memorial Day holiday, but since he didn't want to leave us with bad news, he shared with us the impressive guest line-up he's developed for the entire month of June! Here's what's in store for listeners of the excellent internet-based radio show:

June 7: The show focuses on the original art market with veteran collectors Jon Mankuta and Roger Hill.

June 14: Vincent welcomes Spidergirl artist and comic great Ron Frenz along with legendary artist Sal Buscema.

June 21: 2001 Eisner Award Winner and Age of Bronze creator Eric Shanower reflects on his career and upcoming projects.

June 28: Liberty Meadows creator Frank Cho and cartoonist Kyle Baker join the Comic Zone to talk funny books.

The Comic Zone online radio show is free and you can tune in live at http://www.metropoliscomics.com/comicShow.html , and if you miss the show live you can listen to over five months of archived shows at http://www.worldtalkradio.com/archives.asp?sid=68 .

Redhook, you know I love you like the brother from another mother that you are, but I'm glad Vince posts these here. I don't read the Marketplace as often as this forum and I'd probably miss the announcements if he didn't put them here. As he's not really "selling" anything in the radio show, I think it's ok for it to be here.

Just one fantasyfootballbono's opinion. flowerred.gif

How come every time I ask when you're going to get Jim Shooter on there, you ignore the question? stooges.gif

Bono-

I thought I responded each and every time- sorry-

I have a # for Jim that doesn't work- I would love to have a few shows with former Valiant honchos artists and writers- can anybody out there help me?

VZ

I agree, I'm glad we can find the posts in more than one place. I listened to 4 or 5 shows this past week (thanks to the archives), and really liked them. Great show!

That is so great! You just made my morning. Which shows did you listen to? If you have a chance listen to the James O'Barr, Denny O'Neil, McFarlane/Romita Sr, Al Feldstein, Jack Davis, Jim Steranko, David Carradine, George Pantela (GPAnalysis.com) interviews or any of the first 3 shows.

In the future I am going shift focus toward collectors and investors who can share their experiences and interests with us.

I may be changing the day and time of the show to Tuesdays between 6pm-7pm to get more live call ins. I would love to know anybody's thoughts on this.

Thanks again for your kind words.

VZ

I consider myself properly reprimanded. I shall make no waves regarding V's posting about the show. thumbsup2.gif

Hey I missed all the drama. I hope you understand that I really want to keep doing this show and the only way I can is to get more listeners.

Peace to all,

VZ

I consider myself properly reprimanded. I shall make no waves regarding V's posting about the show. thumbsup2.gif

Hey I missed all the drama. I hope you understand that I really want to keep doing this show and the only way I can is to get more listeners.

Peace to all,

VZ

Not to worry Vincent......my meds hadn't kicked in yet and I was in a cranky mood. It was a snotty asss parody of your announcent. Fortunately, my separated-at-birth bro FFB reeled my in!

Best, Redhook

Well, coming from a Silver Age guy.....Sal Buscema is the only name on the list that caught my attention. Cho I've heard of. Just giving my opinion from the Silver Age perspective.

Any chance of you getting Joe Sinnott? He's as affable as could be and has some great stories I bet.

good idea. I will try- i have been trying for Jim Lee and Stan Lee- Jim is really busy drawing Sups and Stan wants to wait til he has something big to say. Wow I can't believe I emailed Stan Lee and he emailed me back- how cool is that! When I got to meet him years ago he was really impressive. He had a way of making me feel that he was more excited about meeting me than I was him- really amazing.

That is so great! You just made my morning. Which shows did you listen to? If you have a chance listen to the James O'Barr, Denny O'Neil, McFarlane/Romita Sr, Al Feldstein, Jack Davis, Jim Steranko, David Carradine, George Pantela (GPAnalysis.com) interviews or any of the first 3 shows.

I listened to the latest show, and then using the archives, I listened to the James O'Barr, Denny O'Neil, McFarlane/Romita Sr, Al Feldstein, and Jack Davis shows. The thing I liked best about the show is that it's not obsessed with everything modern. If it were completely about modern titles, you would have lost me in the first 10 minutes or so (since I don't collect anything modern). I enjoyed hearing interviews with people I remember from years past.

Great show, keep up the good work!